Re: Firmware Update ADI-2 DAC 27/33, Pro 213/97

I just bought a new Adi-2 DAC. How can I tell what firmware version it came with?

52 (edited by ramses 2020-08-16 14:50:35)

Watch the display while powering on ...
V. XX

EDIT:

Alternative:

- install driver
- execute fut utility

it will tell you whether the device needs an update.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

53 (edited by rjley 2020-08-16 15:05:00)

ramses wrote:

Watch the display while powering on ...
V. XX

EDIT:

Alternative:

- install driver
- execute fut utility

it will tell you whether the device needs an update.

Thanks, I'm on V 34. What's the newest version?

See product page -> Driver

There you see under "Flash Update" in the file description:

Update to version MADIface XT: 191/56/42, USB: 25, Pro 73. OctaMic XTC: 47/26. ADI-2 Pro: 213/98, ADI-2 DAC: 27/34, Digiface USB: 14, Dante: 36, AVB: 219, UFX II: 20/11/7.

So v.34

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

See product page -> Driver

There you see under "Flash Update" in the file description:

Update to version MADIface XT: 191/56/42, USB: 25, Pro 73. OctaMic XTC: 47/26. ADI-2 Pro: 213/98, ADI-2 DAC: 27/34, Digiface USB: 14, Dante: 36, AVB: 219, UFX II: 20/11/7.

So v.34

Ok thanks, so I'm on the newest version.

56 (edited by Gilly 2020-08-19 18:18:07)

Hi, just got my new DAC unit. It was on v33. Tried the update but now the screen is all white.

I tried factory reset (hold encoder one and volume whilst turning on) but this does not work for me.
Please help.

Hello,

if nothing helps, please return the unit to the retailer for a repair or exchange.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thanks. The retailer has agreed to exchange.

RME Support wrote:

Hello,

if nothing helps, please return the unit to the retailer for a repair or exchange.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hello. Has there been a firmware update for toggling between IEM and Phones output?
I only ask because of this: https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=28229

Couple of ideas for a future fw upgrade:
(1) i only realised “later” that bass, treble, loudness, eq, etc commands were NOT working ‘cos the frequency arriving from my Audirvana player was always (except DSD) 768KHz, and the RME cannot apply any filter over 384KHz. It would be nice to specifify on the device screen if you use a function that does not work. In my case Audirvana was oversampling whatever content to 768 and I had to max out the RME dac to 384KHz within the Midi settings.
(2) some more color combos for the eq (pmc/dsd)

Thanks

jlm70 wrote:

Couple of ideas for a future fw upgrade:
(1) i only realised “later” that bass, treble, loudness, eq, etc commands were NOT working ‘cos the frequency arriving from my Audirvana player was always (except DSD) 768KHz, and the RME cannot apply any filter over 384KHz. It would be nice to specifify on the device screen if you use a function that does not work. In my case Audirvana was oversampling whatever content to 768 and I had to max out the RME dac to 384KHz within the Midi settings.
(2) some more color combos for the eq (pmc/dsd)

Thanks

For the first one, I think in the menu the item is not available, and in the top screen (details top screen) the funtion is not diplayed as active. For me it is sufficient, especially that upsampling to 768 kHz is quite an exotic (and useless) use of the product.

ADI-2 DAC (with stock PSU) - Neumann KH 310 A monitors - Cheap USB and XLR cables

Please excuse my horrible noobie question: I have had a ADI 2 FS DAC version 2 for about a year (since June 2020). Are there any firmware updates I should absolutely install? I am pretty undemanding user. Pretty much stream Qobuz leaving all eq flat to speakers. I do use the volume control.

Hard to answer to this if you don't give us the version you have... I would say that if you are OK today, no new firmware is absolutely needed...

But try to install the last firmware and you'll be fine too. If you are up to date no arm will be done. And if you are not, you will have the last one with new functions and some minor bug fixes included. smile

ADI-2 DAC (with stock PSU) - Neumann KH 310 A monitors - Cheap USB and XLR cables

I did mention that I have a V2 with the more extensive remote.

65 (edited by N00b 2021-06-17 11:11:06)

Meshplate wrote:

I did mention that I have a V2 with the more extensive remote.

The version of your firmware I meant wink You can see it when you turn it on or in the settings menu (see the manual).

I have V 34. Thanks for your help!

I'm sorry to be so dumb about this: is there a post which explains which versions of the firmware need to be updated and also how to do it? I have to say finding out about the firmware updates of the dac is not an obvious process.

It is, you just started in the wrong thread. Latest firmware is explained here:

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=32772

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Meshplate wrote:

I'm sorry to be so dumb about this: is there a post which explains which versions of the firmware need to be updated and also how to do it? I have to say finding out about the firmware updates of the dac is not an obvious process.

MC gave you the link for the last update thread: you can read there the benefit of the last FW version.
For the "how", the manual is always a good place to start. wink You'll see: it is a very simple procedure. See page 11 smile

Thank you N00b

MC wrote:

It is, you just started in the wrong thread. Latest firmware is explained here:

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=32772

Thank you. Even I managed to do it. I am not a pro user so not that up on this. I know it is an obvious point but in instructions nothing can be assumed: nowhere is it stated that the DAC must be connected by USB cable to your computer. I know that the device has no Wifi or Bluetooth connection, but nevertheless some might forget this, like me for example!

michicaust wrote:

[...]
Well... except a larger diversity when it comes to choosing colour themes besides green, amber and cyan? big_smile
A rough, approximate six-point coverage of the colour spectrum (something reddish, greenish, bluish, cyan, magenta, yellowish) in total would be sooo nice, plus a neutral grey, maybe..? smile
[...]

Well... I just installed firmware v51 on my 'DAC FS, and I gotta say Tank You!!! smile big_smile
Yeah, for all the new non-colour scheme-related stuff, too. ^^

Best regards,

- Michael

Happily using two ADI-2 DACs to enjoy the best thing in life. ^^

Moin,

it's me again. big_smile

Lately, I've installed the V.51 firmware on my DAC FS (hardware rev. 78), and everything runs smoothly so far - except that, whenever I switch inputs or power cycle the DAC, I can't use knobs 1/2 to change bass/treble, but have to re-enable "B/T ENABLE" in the I/O submenu first.

What could I possibly have overlooked, or is this a bug in the firmware? Or even intendend behaviour, but for what reason?

Thanks & best regards,

- Michael

74 (edited by KaiS 2022-07-19 21:16:31)

michicaust wrote:

..., whenever I switch inputs or power cycle the DAC, I can't use knobs 1/2 to change bass/treble, but have to re-enable "B/T ENABLE" in the I/O submenu first.

This is indeed intentionally, kind of, and discussed here:
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 13#p189213

Workaround for this problem:

If you have:
• “Load B/T w. Preset“ enabled in the EQ menu,
AND EQ is switched OFF,

Bass/Treble is switched OFF with every change.

To avoid this, but don’t want the EQ change your sound:
• Switch ON EQ,
• Load a flat Preset, e.g. No. 21, “Clear”.

Another possible reason: with the highest sample rates some DSP-functions are disabled, but that’s probably not your case.

Hi KaiS,

thanks for the info! smile