Topic: Documentation on energy options with modern laptops

Hi,
we just ran into problems with new HP laptops and missing energy options. We use MADIface USB, PRO and XT.

It looks like with newer releases of Win 10 some energy options disappeared from laptops computers. (As far as I can see desktop computers are not concerned.) Not only basic power saving plans are missing, but also options like setting min/max CPU power.

There seem to be some possibilities to make them visible again by editing the registry. However, I have failed so far to find a comprehensive online resource on this method. Any hints?

What is the way to go with modern laptops in order to set energy options as detailed as possible?

Thanks for an answer,
Ulrich

Re: Documentation on energy options with modern laptops

With powercfg commands you can restore such profiles. A new one is btw ultimative performance.
powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61
Google for that.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thanks.

As far as I can see the powercfg commands don't bring back any detailed options to the GUI and don't refer to options like min/max CPU power. But that's what I'm looking for...

4 (edited by ramses 2021-07-08 13:21:19)

Ulrich wrote:

Thanks.

As far as I can see the powercfg commands don't bring back any detailed options to the GUI and don't refer to options like min/max CPU power. But that's what I'm looking for...

For me extended settings look like that

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wm5u177q2u89mt6/2021-07-08%2014_18_06-Energiesparplaneinstellungen%20bearbeiten.jpg?dl=1

Try to use Bitsums parkcontrol for that.

If you use Cubase, then use their special energy profile, it also disables CPU core parking.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Yes, and these extended settings are reduced by default FOR LAPTOPS in new WIN10 editions, with min/max CPU power missing, etc.
Your picture doesn't come from a new laptop, right?