Topic: How to replicate settings?

Hello,
I am a new and very excited user of the ADI-2 Pro FS B audio interface.
The sound quality is really stunning with all the microdynamics provided.

It took me some time to set up a configuration for a 2x2 usage with USB (two horns, two woofers).

As I plan to sell the ADI-2 Pro to my customers I asked myself if it is possible to save the settings I did on my Win10 PC? The idea is to replicate the once done settings to other units without the necessity to run through all the menus again for each device I ship.

Any ideas?
Best DrCWO

DrCWO
Creator of rooExtend
Audiophile music lover,
Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering

Re: How to replicate settings?

not possible

The only solution
a) either repeatedly manual tasks or
b) document the steps as good as possible and put it as printed instructions into the box
c) maybe additionally a youtube video for those people who dislike to read printed text with a short URL

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

4 (edited by DrCWO 2021-07-29 13:02:24)

ning wrote:

not possible

I am not really happy with hat solution ;-)

The ADI-2 is such an excellent device in terms of audio processing but on the other side somehow not quite modern.

What I miss:

- Saving and restoring settings (even better editing settings offline and then push it to the ADI-2). A JSON file would be fine!
- Control the volume via USB. (Despite of Class 2 compatibility not possible, WHY? Should be a firmware fix.).
- A 12V in- and output to power on/off connected amplifiers or turn ADI-2 on/off by remote (not firmware, needs other hardware)
- An other option for on/off would be to turn on/off the ADI-2 by USB power!

All these points are no big things but they would make life much easier for system integrators.

Any suggestions whom I can send these feature requests for future firmware releases?

DrCWO
Creator of rooExtend
Audiophile music lover,
Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering

>  Saving and restoring settings (even better editing settings offline and then push it to the ADI-2). A JSON file would be fine!

this had been proposed before. technically it is possible but RME have not taken those into consideration.

>  Control the volume via USB. (Despite of Class 2 compatibility not possible, WHY? Should be a firmware fix.).

not possible. you'll lose bit perfection and thus more importantly dsd playback (as dsd mark is lost during volume attenuation).

> A 12V in- and output to power on/off connected amplifiers or turn ADI-2 on/off by remote (not firmware, needs other hardware)

This should be easy to do in a DIY fashion.

(in fact, my Genelec is already able to auto turn on/off depending on if there's analog music signal.)

> An other option for on/off would be to turn on/off the ADI-2 by USB power!

not possible via firmware. USB circuit is not powered until the device has been powered on.
And it's not very useful --- to many people USB is not the only I/O