1 (edited by ramses 2021-08-04 23:26:45)

Topic: Combination RME UFX+ / UAD-2 Octo PCIe accelerator card

EDIT: Sorry .. some more issues arose with the card after longer use.
Pls read my update under Fazit / Conclusions.
Am shortly before vacation, not sure whether a support ticket will bring a solution here.

I've always looked at UAD solutions from a guitarist's perspective, as they offer a very nice Fender 55 Tweed Deluxe emulation that has always impressed me.

After my recent visit with my friend Wesley, I was so excited after a recording session that I now also picked up a UAD-2 Octo accelerator card to try out in combination with my UFX+/RME setup.

A trial was also necessary because no one was able to make a prediction about how much latency the UAD card adds and if it all works without problems.

In this respect, the article should be interesting for all those who have also flirted with such a card.

I have summarized my experiences in this blog article, there are also two quite nice sound demos to listen to:

https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … CIe-EN-DE/

Have fun !

@Curt962: many thanks for reviewing the english translation, very kind from you :-)

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: Combination RME UFX+ / UAD-2 Octo PCIe accelerator card

Thanks for the review of your new setup, Ramses!!

You and Wesley make a great team! This is some very tasty phrasing and classy playing from both of you!!
I really enjoyed the intricacies of your playing and the tone of your guitars!!

About UAD, I wasn't able to try their amp plug-ins, but my personal favorite is their Neve 88RS! I 'm using that one at a friend's studio, that I 'm collaborating with! I find it, perfect on guitars busses. You should try it out, if you have a chance!

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632

3 (edited by ramses 2021-08-04 23:28:27)

MetalHeadKeys wrote:

Thanks for the review of your new setup, Ramses!!

You and Wesley make a great team! This is some very tasty phrasing and classy playing from both of you!!
I really enjoyed the intricacies of your playing and the tone of your guitars!!

About UAD, I wasn't able to try their amp plug-ins, but my personal favorite is their Neve 88RS! I 'm using that one at a friend's studio, that I 'm collaborating with! I find it, perfect on guitars busses. You should try it out, if you have a chance!

Thanks wink But please see my update in post #1 ... sad .. not sure whether this can be solved.
Most likely not on short term...

Yes indeed, 88RS is nice.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

You 're welcome!

Sorry about the crashes..
Will be waiting for update!

Enjoy your vacation!!

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632