Topic: UCX II availability

Hi,
I'm finding it incredibly hard to source one of the new UCX MKii. What's the official story about the delay please?
Some stores I contacted say it could be until November before they get it in. I thought it was released in July.

Could RME please shed some light on this and the reason it's almost impossible to buy it at the moment?
Thanks

Re: UCX II availability

I’m having the same issue - ordered one at Anderton’s expecting they’d be here in July, but they are telling me they have no idea when they will arrive.

It's still the same topic / problem: while we secured all the AKM chips that we need for our production runs, other parts were not received as promised. These days you can not rely on anything when it comes to electronic components. As a result the numbers manufactured were lower than planned, which for the customer looks like 'not available'. But they are, just in much too small quantities to meet the demand. Sorry, but nothing we can change. It's a global issue, for any manufacturer.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

It's still the same topic / problem: while we secured all the AKM chips that we need for our production runs, other parts were not received as promised. These days you can not rely on anything when it comes to electronic components. As a result the numbers manufactured were lower than planned, which for the customer looks like 'not available'. But they are, just in much too small quantities to meet the demand. Sorry, but nothing we can change. It's a global issue, for any manufacturer.

Thanks for letting us know - but do you have any idea as to when you will be able to build more units?
Are we looking at days, weeks or months? Thanks

I'm not sure where you are but I bought one from scan last week and it looks like absolutemusic have stock too. I've never bought from them before though so I can't vouch for them.