1 (edited by gerardzul 2021-08-20 08:43:22)

Topic: Problems with output 3/4's AES input source at 96KHz

Hi there!

I have encountered what seems to be a problem with my ADI-2 PRO FS. I am using its 3/4 output as a stereo unbalanced line output to send the signal received in its AES digital input to some external analog gear. The signal returns then through the ADI's analog inputs to be converted again to digital and sent via the optical out.

When the signal sent to the AES input is a 48KHz 24bit signal, I have no problem doing that, and, as soon as I set the clock source to AES, the unit pairs to the corresponding sample rate immediatly and works like a charm. However, if I send a 96KHz 24bit signal, in the exact same configuration, the ADI does not receive anything. Setting the clock to AES does not change, in this case, the sample rate to 96. If I change the sample rate manually to 96, no matter where I set the clock source, the ADI still won't receive any signal nor send it to the 3/4 output.

By the way, the ADI is configured in AD/DA mode, Multichannel CC Mode, Default dig source, dual and balanced phones off, Toggle PH/Line off, besides the AES input, I am using the optical inputs and outputs as well for other purposes. I asume all these settings to be correct, since they work perfectly for 48KHz projects, but I might be missing something.

This annoying behaviour has me puzzled and wondering if it is possible to use this configuration in 96KHz projects. Any ideas of what might be happening? Is there a limitation with the AES input? Could it be a bug?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks and best regards!