Topic: ADI-2-DAC PRE passtrought

Hi all,
I would like to know if I can exclude from Adi DAC the pre in order to use one external.
I would to use the internal DAC and the DSP to do room correction and through RCA connection connect rme to my pre.

Sorry for my Inglish
Stefano

Re: ADI-2-DAC PRE passtrought

If I get you right:
you want to connect your ADI-2 DAC directly to a power amp, with no preamp.
This is possible and works fine.

Hi Kais,
on the contrary, I don't want ADI to intervene in any way on the volume and as a preamp, I want to use mine.

Thanks
Stefano

4 (edited by mg 2021-08-23 08:24:47)

Yes you can! When you have a pre amplifier : connect the Adi 2 dac with your computer (i have an usb connection from my mac mini to the Adi 2 dac).
Connect the Adi 2 dac 2 rca outputs (left and right) with 2 rca inputs (left and right) on your pre-amplifier.
After that you can use the Volume of your Pre.
By the way, with apps as Audirvana or Roon etc. you have an extra digital volume possibility and
can mix volume from both the Pre app. Or use the Volume on the Adi2 dac in combination with your Pre.
Michael

Hi MG,
and the pre section of the ADI does not intervene in any way? is the connection direct DAC - DSP - my PRE?

Stefano

6 (edited by KaiS 2021-08-23 12:42:14)

There is no (analog) pre section in ADI-2 DAC.

• Disable all digital DSP functions that you don‘t want to use:
Equalizer, Bass/Treble, Loudness, Phase etc.
• Set Auto Reference Level to “off”.
• Set Volume to 0 dB.
• Select the Reference Level that fits best to your other sources on your preamp, like CD player, Tuner, Vinyl disc player etc.
• Choose the DA filter that sounds best to you (LD Sharp is default).

Now ADI-2 DAC behaves like a normal DAC without DSP extras.

Some of the settings above are factory default, but it doesn’t hurt to go through the list.

Thanks all for the answers and for the help

Stefano

one last question, is it possible to use the two RCA and xlr outputs simultaneously?  I would do it to drive two amps

Yes, no problem. Each output has its own driver stage.