Topic: DSD DoP connections/setup

Oh I am a tech idiot I need help.I have a RME ADI-2 FS, a BlueSound streamer,a Sony Ultra HD cd/dvd/sacd player and aMarantz 6014 SR AVR and would like to play SACDs in DSD or DoP. What interconnects do I need and where do I plug them in i.e. what ports do I use on my DAC and other devices ?
RJW

2 (edited by ning 2021-09-04 03:39:22)

Re: DSD DoP connections/setup

RME ADI-2 FS cannot play DSD. Do you mean ADI-2 DAC?

Also, even though most SACD players have digital (SPDIF/COAX) out, the functionality is limited to outputting PCM layer of a SACD only,  for copyright reasons --- Sony intended to make SACD a non-copiable format.

There're a few devices allow firmware jailbreaking / hardware modifications to enable sending DoP via digital out, but that depends solely on your luck  --- whether you can find such machine and such jailbreak software or modification hardware (and by doing that you're voiding your warranty and violating your device's user agreement).

So short answer is, no, it won't work.

SACD is technology of the past.  None of the major brands releases new SACD player anymore. It's dead. Probably now is the last chance to save your entire SACD collection by ripping it to your computer's hard drive. An easy solution is to find a second hand playstation of certain version model but without firmware upgrade. You can then install certain jailbreak firmware to it, and enable its SACD ripping feature. You can then rip your SACD's DSD layer to your computer and play it on your ADI-2 DAC or Pro.

Many other hardware options other than a PlayStation to rip SACDs.

https://hifihaven.org/index.php?threads … ayer.3652/

rjwmpls@icloud.com wrote:

Oh I am a tech idiot I need help.I have a RME ADI-2 FS, a BlueSound streamer,a Sony Ultra HD cd/dvd/sacd player and aMarantz 6014 SR AVR and would like to play SACDs in DSD or DoP. What interconnects do I need and where do I plug them in i.e. what ports do I use on my DAC and other devices ?
RJW

rjwmpls@icloud.com   Do yo have many sacds?  What genre of music ?