Topic: TotalMix 1.74.B4 for Windows and Mac available

I took the opportunity to use the former post about the 1.74B2 Windows version as template to update it into a new thread.

This were the news for Windows 1.74B2:
Latest Windows versions have changed the signalling entering and return from standby mode. Version 1.74B2 addresses these issues, but is still compatible back to Windows 7. With another improvement on the same subject 1.74B2 fixes these possible issues:

- After sleep with power off of the interface TM FX routing is not activated. One needs to grab the faders in TM for the routing to become active.

- After sleep the mixer state is only partially restored.

1.74B3 brings two small bug fixes. We were notified that the gain control of the UCX II mic channels did not work correctly with the ARC USB. It is now fixed, also for the Fireface UC.

1.74b4 fixes a crash when selecting a Play channel (Rec/Play view active) although no wave file is present to be played

Download: Beta removed as release is available:

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=33880

Installation

Windows: Exit TotalMix FX and copy the new version into Windows\System32, overwriting the old file.

Mac: Exit TotalMix FX and copy the app into the Applications folder, overwriting the old file.

Any feedback is appreciated!

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: TotalMix 1.74.B4 for Windows and Mac available

Works so far
- Workspace looks as always
- Auxdevice with UFX+/XTC (PAD, 48V hear relay clicking)

Not sure wherher I can test you particular fixes with my system, maybe later..

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Great !
The graphics issue on apple display where the input channels was cutoff at the top is gone.
All channels fully visible at View 100%.
Well done.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Wakeup from sleep worked for me already with TM FX 1.72.
Steps to test
1. playing music with MusicBee (ASIO) to SW playback AN 3/4 which is routed to AES (-> ADI 2 Pro)
2. changed in energy settings to enter sleep mode when pressing power button
3. pressed power button, music playing stops
4. pressed power button again to wake up
5. music playing starts, need to login, wakeup complete, screen as it was before, TM FX 1.72 no issues.
TERMINATED TM FX 1.72, started TM FX 1.74b3
Music continues playing, no audio loss
6. pressed power button to enter sleep
7. pressed power button again, my computer has sometimes problems with wakeup
8. pressed power button long for power off and performed power-cycle on power outlet strip
9. pressed power button, this time wakeup from sleep works and I hear music at the login screen
10. after login scree/routing in TM FX still fine .. seeing TM FX 1.74b3, so this was really a wakeup from sleep, otherwise TM FX 1.72 would have been started.

So .. no TM FX routing issues visible after returning from sleep, with TM FX 1.72 and 1.74 b3.

Windows 10 Pro, 21H1

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Good news, this seems to have fixed the audio degradation issues I was experiencing in Windows 11.

Only 1st day, still testing, but, looks promising.

The only minor thing I've heard was a short distorted glitch as I played a youtube video while Reaper had a fully loaded project.

Hello MC,

I still found a bug with the UCX II mic channels gain level over OSC. This version beta 3 behaviour like beta 2 where the OSC "micgain1" level 1.0 belong to 65dB and not 75db which ist the maximum for UCX II.

I did not checked other channels yet.

Can you confirm this issue or is it a wrong using by myself?

Best regards
Sascha

The range from 66 to 75 dB is not part of our OSX templates. It has not been changed in TM FX when interfaces with more than 65 dB were released. We have a lot of users with UFX+ and UFX II, where changing this now would screw their gain settings when using OSC.

For this reason we would like not to touch it.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Okay, I understand. For me this is also acceptable.

Thank you.

Best regards
Sascha

Error 404 – Not Found

Tried with Chrome and Edge.

Thanks

Robbie Ost / go!EASTstudios
MADI FX, 2x Express Card,2x Multiface 2

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=33880

Regards