Topic: Usb cable

Hi ,

I need help with the usb cables for digiface and arc.

I belive use usb extensions couldn be a good idea.

What should be the maximum length of the cable ?

May i use amplified cables?

Thanks in advance.

2 (edited by ramses 2021-09-13 17:04:26)

Re: Usb cable

You need to be more specific what Digiface XYZ product you mean.
Some use usb2, some usb3. These two USB standards have different max supported cable lengths.

USB1.1 - ARC USB (being delivered with 1,8m cable), max length 18m
USB2 - Digiface USB, max cable length 5m
USB3 - Digiface AVB+Dante, max cable length 3m

What cable length do you need ?
BTW .. this has been discussed already in this forum, maybe a extended forum search helps or via google.

Search for "MC" Matthias Carstens and maybe the terms "USB" and maybe smth like "extension".

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

3 (edited by jpen 2021-09-13 23:58:15)

Digiface usb , 5 meters could be a bit less,
Wath alternative a have.

About the arc,
i’m not shure what its hapening, because it works but Its not estable the dim and snapshot1 buton keep flashing,  whem i conect the firewire of the ff800 to the computer.
If conect it with a single Usb cable insted os the usb extention, it could help ?

If you have both audio interfaces connected you need to disable one of them for the ARC USB, otherwise you get this kind of flickering - collision of two devices. See TM FX Options ARC.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks,

Problem solved

Last question, any solution for conect the  digiface usb  More distante from the computer them 5 meters?

6 (edited by ramses 2021-09-14 14:18:02)

With google search, e.g.: "USB verlängerung site:forum.rme-audio.de"

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 60#p162860

Delock Cable USB 2.0 Extension, Active 15 m

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13