Topic: FF800 LOUD noise only whenever driver is activated

Hello,

I was on Big Sur, and updated to 11.5.2 and my FF800 stopped working normally. Even after ALLOW'ing from privacy and security and restart, whenever i play something and the driver gets activated, in Total Mix all of the software return channels are halfway full of "audio" signal, which is just LOUD distorted, harsh noise....PLEASE HELP sad

Re: FF800 LOUD noise only whenever driver is activated

I found a workaround.

If I leave FF800 off until OS fully starts and I see desktop, and then turn it on, it works...otherwise its just loud staticy digital noise at 100% volume.

Hello,

this is not a known issue, and the driver doesn't really get "activated" as such... Is there an issue with nise during bootup? If yes, try a mixer reset and flash this state into the device in the Options menu.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

RME Support wrote:

Hello,

this is not a known issue, and the driver doesn't really get "activated" as such... Is there an issue with nise during bootup? If yes, try a mixer reset and flash this state into the device in the Options menu.

Hello Daniel, thank you for your reply. No, during bootup its quiet. When the system starts its also quiet, but whenever I play an audio, then it starts to make that horrible noise at nearly full volume. By the way my system is now Monterey Beta, but it was the same with 11.5.2 too..