Topic: ADI-2 DAC FS NOT POWER ON either POWER BUTTON OR REMOTE

I bought a ADI-2 DAC FS in 02 Feb 2021 and love it, but suddenly stoped working today. The Power button is lit in RED but it does not power on via remote nor power button.

Any hard reset or suggestions to troubleshoot while I get support to help me?

I have contacted AMAZON and the return window has passed. Opened a ticket with RME in USA but still no answers.

Any help will be appreciated. 

The unit is plugged to a PANAMAX power conditioner, there was no power outage of any sort. I have plugged in several units and still not working.

Re: ADI-2 DAC FS NOT POWER ON either POWER BUTTON OR REMOTE

The unit is plugged to a PANAMAX power conditioner, there was no power outage of any sort. I have plugged in several units and still not working

that means the the panamax is not working ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

3 (edited by KaiS 2021-03-26 06:41:45)

LUCIO.ARROZ wrote:

... suggestions to troubleshoot ...

The unit is plugged to a PANAMAX power conditioner, there was no power outage of any sort. I have plugged in several units and still not working.

Try plug the ADI-2’s PSU directly to a wall outlet.

KaiS wrote:
LUCIO.ARROZ wrote:

... suggestions to troubleshoot ...

Try plug the ADI-2’s PSU directly to a wall outlet.

I have tried plugging the unit directly into the wall and same results. Different outlets in different rooms.

waedi wrote:

The unit is plugged to a PANAMAX power conditioner, there was no power outage of any sort. I have plugged in several units and still not working

Panamax is working all the other amp pre amp and CD player are working. Just the adi-2 is not powering. Tried plugging into the wall directly and still showing red light but not power on.

6 (edited by KaiS 2021-03-26 13:14:20)

LUCIO.ARROZ wrote:
waedi wrote:

Panamax is working all the other amp pre amp and CD player are working. Just the adi-2 is not powering. Tried plugging into the wall directly and still showing red light but not power on.

Very, very unlikely, still worth to try:
The little PSU plug on ADI’s back isn’t fully inserted and sits loose.
Watch out, it has to be turned to lock.

Else:
Broken, ADI’s PSU or ADI-2.
Claim your warranty.

KaiS wrote:
LUCIO.ARROZ wrote:
waedi wrote:

Else:
Claim your warranty.

Tried that and still not working... very frustrated since it is only one month old.... love the DAC but is the PSU plug or some defect in the DAC??? Anybody else had this issue? I saw an issue in this forum back from 2018 but nothing else new... Just my luck I guess.

LUCIO.ARROZ wrote:
KaiS wrote:
LUCIO.ARROZ wrote:

Else:
Claim your warranty.

LOOKS LIKE A BROKEN unit.... I have sent them to RME for check up...

Tried that and still not working... very frustrated since it is only one month old.... love the DAC but is the PSU plug or some defect in the DAC??? Anybody else had this issue? I saw an issue in this forum back from 2018 but nothing else new... Just my luck I guess.

i have same problem on mine and mine is out of warranty. so i have a post and suppout ftom rme says it will have to return to factory for inspection before repair.

how is your unit now,? change a new one,?

Have you tried another 12V DC power supply with a 2.1mm/5.5mm barrel connector (the most common type)?

I was just having the same issue where I thought there was no power to the unit.  Red button would not light up.  I still had a sticker over the barrel female power connector that stated to turn the male connector once inserted.  Try turning it.  Mine all of a sudden started working.  Good luck!  I'm not sure why the sticker states to turn the power supply connector...

The sticker shows how to correctly insert the DC adapter barrel connector, so the fins slot thru the holes. Then you can twist to lock in place, and protect from accidental disconnection.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.