1 (edited by darkinners 2021-10-09 10:30:07)

Topic: Is this jitter issue? (UFX+)

So I got my UFX+ and trying to perform a recording offset test, the driver report accurately, such is great but the loopback record waveform looks really odd. Is this something I should be worry? Thanks in advance!

What I did are below

1. Render a click track in Studio One
2. Plug in a balanced TRS cable from AN3 out to AN1 In on my UFX+
3. Record the hardwire loopback signal of the rendered click track.
4. I got the below result. Grey is the rendered click track, Purple is the loopback track.

https://i.imgur.com/oP75syL.jpg

Re: Is this jitter issue? (UFX+)

Your rendered click track is both artificial and violating Nyquist. It contains invalid frequencies. You therefore see the filter AD/DA impulse response (ringing) in your analog track. Nothing wrong here except the source.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Is this jitter issue? (UFX+)

MC wrote:

Your rendered click track is both artificial and violating Nyquist. It contains invalid frequencies. You therefore see the filter AD/DA impulse response (ringing) in your analog track. Nothing wrong here except the source.

Thank you for the explanation MC, I didn't know the rendered click track violating Nyquist, I did record an external analog in click track from another device to perform the loopback test, which indeed no more ringing, also raising the sampling rate to 192Khz to record the rendered click track also reduce the ringing artifact.