Topic: MADIface series settings: Ways/options for external/remote control

Hey guys,

I am looking for ways/options to change the settings of my UFX+ externally/remotely.

Right now, I am doing this with an own python script sending some keyboard commands to the "MADIface series settings"-window but... well... I am looking for a more reliable way to do so.

Any suggestions?

Best regards
Joe

2 (edited by ramses 2021-10-01 11:32:36)

Re: MADIface series settings: Ways/options for external/remote control

Hi Joe,

may I ask for what situations or settings you need this ?

Surely not for stand-alone operation, as then you wouldn't have a machine to execute such a python script.

Wondering whether this is worth the effort, as it takes only a few seconds to change smth in driver settings.

The only thing that I change here and there (and only under Windows) is the ASIO buffersize, the rest is more or less static.
If the interface is clock master, then also the sample rate is being set by the application/daw.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Probably OSC.

Python speaks OSC, I believe:

https://python-osc.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

Python-osc - OSC server and client in pure python

TotalMix can be controlled via OSC. I believe the settings app too, but I've never tried it.

MB Pro - 2 X FireFace 400, FF800 & DigiFace USB
ADAT gear: Korg, Behri, Fostex, Alesis...

Hi all!

My UFX+ is the center of a pretty complex audio setup that is configured individually depending on the task. As time is money I do not want to manually change things like Clock Source, Sample Rate, Buffer Size or Output options several times a working day.

Yes, OSC would be cool, but AFAIK is only supported by TotalMix, NOT by the "MADIface series settings".

Best regards
Joe

FireJoe wrote:

Hey guys,

I am looking for ways/options to change the settings of my UFX+ externally/remotely.

Right now, I am doing this with an own python script sending some keyboard commands to the "MADIface series settings"-window but... well... I am looking for a more reliable way to do so.

Any suggestions?

We offer scripts that can be run via Windows PowerShell to change the Settings in the Settings dialog. You can download all info here:

https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/rme_ … cripts.zip

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi Matthias!

P-E-R-F-E-C-T!

The existence of those scripts was totally unknown to me! Maybe for other RME-users, too... ?

Best regards and thanks a lot!
Joe

They had not been made public so far but were only given out on request (industry, broadcast ect). But we will put them on the website as well.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME