Topic: FireFace 800 is not recognized under OSX 11 (Big Sur) ...

Hello, yesterday I updated my iMac from Mojave to Big Sur (OSX 11.6) (iMac 27", 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9).

I installed the recommended driver software (version 3.40, for macOS 11 only. Supports Intel and M1). But unfortunately nothing happens.

The RME driver was activated under Security > General > "allow".

The FF800 is not found or addressed. The latest firmware is 2.77 (Fireface Flash Update 171 277), but it can't be installed under Big Sur either (outdated installer).

Unfortunately I can't find any further information on the RME website.

What can I do? Delete the driver (how?) and reinstall again?

I look forward to a quick feedback.

Re: FireFace 800 is not recognized under OSX 11 (Big Sur) ...

I have the exact same issue with my Multiface 2. I couldn't find anything on the forum or web to help.
I too am looking forward to quick feedback.

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=33277

I had follow MC’s instructions at the above link a number of times before it would work - no problems since with my Firewire connected UFX.

Thank you for pointing this out. But I will not intervene so deeply in the system and delete system-relevant entries.

"Fix: has to come from Apple." RME should not make it that easy for themselves. In my opinion, this is not in line with the company's high standards for its devices and users.

I really hope that there will be a solution for the problem in the next few days.

If a solution from our side were possible, we'd have presented it long ago. This has nothing to do with RME "standards", this is entirely Apple related.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

With the latest security update OS 11.6.1 (Big Sur) everything works fine without manual intervention.