Topic: Is this DANTE setup idea doable?

Hi,

I'm using 2 machines. One is my DAW machine running macOS along with an Apollo x6, the other one is a PC hosting synth and VST, along with an RME Digiface USB (ADAT).

Both audio interfaces are connected through ADAT.

The PC is used to manage some audio processing coming from the UAD and another pre-amp rack unit. It's handle by the Digiface USB and Cantabile.

I would like to separate my ~30 synths signals instead of summing them into 1 or 2 ADAT output. But it would requires up to 60 I/O.

My question is the following:

Is a Digiface DANTE, aggregated with the Apollo x6 on the MAC, would do the job along with a Dante Virtual Soundcard (PC)?

Sorry if it's a bit confusing.

Thanks for your help!

Re: Is this DANTE setup idea doable?

Manaberry wrote:

Hi,

I'm using 2 machines. One is my DAW machine running macOS along with an Apollo x6, the other one is a PC hosting synth and VST, along with an RME Digiface USB (ADAT).

Both audio interfaces are connected through ADAT.

The PC is used to manage some audio processing coming from the UAD and another pre-amp rack unit. It's handle by the Digiface USB and Cantabile.
Yes, you can aggregate both interfaces on the Mac but DVS gives you latency depending how much your PC can handle.

I would like to separate my ~30 synths signals instead of summing them into 1 or 2 ADAT output. But it would requires up to 60 I/O.

My question is the following:

Is a Digiface DANTE, aggregated with the Apollo x6 on the MAC, would do the job along with a Dante Virtual Soundcard (PC)?

Sorry if it's a bit confusing.

Thanks for your help!