Topic: Some questions with new ADI-2 Pro FS R

I just purchased a new RME ADI-2 Pro FSR BE. A large factor for this purchase was based on seeing the continued manufacturer support, the manufacturer participation in this forum as well as the amazingly written manual.

I have a few functionality questions:

1). The Remote Control section of the manual states:

"VOL. Corresponds to pressing the VOLUME button on the unit. Short press results in mute, long press results in output change when configured "

However when I short press VOL either on remote or the actual knob the screen just flashes and nothing happens. I have the unit configured so long press switches output between my active speakers connected in rear and PH 3/4. I would like the short VOL (on remote or unit) to mute as the manual states.  I know I have the Mute button on remote, but I would like to quickly mute by short pressing the Volume button as the manual hints should happen. Is there a way to configure the behavior as the manual states?

2). I would like the ability to configure the unit to auto-standby when it receives no input after a period of time (say an hour). I've seen many others request this and is the right thing to do IMO. I have too many other devices "only burning 8 Watts", it adds up. Most of my other audio gear can automatically do this, such as my Mackie Studio Monitors, home receiver A/V, desktop computer, etc.

3). I would like the ability to disable the red light when in standby. This unit is not just for studio use but in home environments. I know it could be confusing to have all lights off similar to when auto-dark is enabled, but this is why it should be configurable by the user.

Thanks for any help, other than these issues I've really been enjoying the unit so far!

Re: Some questions with new ADI-2 Pro FS R

1. This ia a copy&paste error from the DAC manual (which no one ever noticed, so thanks for that). I will fix that statement in the manual. The Pro can not work like that as the VOLUME knob is used to change between 1/2 and 3/4 (correct description in chapter 11). Long press toggles between Line and Phones if configured in the menu.

You can use any of the 4 small buttons for switching to Mono, and have it directly on the remote. Additionally pressing VOL one time then encoder 1 will also Mute.

2 and 3 are not possible, sorry. 3 can be realized with workarounds, for example master power outlet switches or modern remote controlled power outlet switches.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME