Topic: Dedicated EQ remote controller

Ok so I know it is not possible to control the EQ settings via the supplied RME remote control... BUT, is it possible to create a new, dedicated controller specifically for mastering applications in the studio?

I have recently discovered that ADI2 Pro FS's digital EQ is quite usable for my work however adjusting the EQ settings would be a lot more user friendly and quick with a dedicated physical remote controller... perhaps via bluetooth?

Is this a possibility or am I dreaming beyond the wildest dreams?

Currently I'm using the remote control for quick A/B testing by switching the EQ on and off plus adjusting levels, it's quite good for that use, but as always, could be improved to become excellent smile

Re: Dedicated EQ remote controller

Not sure what you are dreaming about, but software control of the unit will not come. The next firmware will have some nice improvements for the PEQ, though.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by Gregos Today 01:55:21)

MC wrote:

Not sure what you are dreaming about, but software control of the unit will not come. The next firmware will have some nice improvements for the PEQ, though.

I'm dreaming of a hardware controller that you can put on your desk or on your lap (not software).

My use case is for mastering, so that you can remain in the sweet spot while making EQ adjustments but more domestic uses could be setting up EQ from the comfort of a couch while the interface itself is at the front of the room...

It must be possible, considering that the RME Remote can control a few functions already, and also the ARC USB that I always run with my other RME interface (I only use ADI2 pro as DAC/ADC...

Perhaps a new product? I'd be happy to sketch up what it could look like smile

Hmmm...

Remote PEQ.  I can only imagine the FR Mayhem that could result!   Our Ears are not so resolving as we think!

Just a few glasses of Scotch, and you may be completely amazed by your EQ settings tomorrow! 

Call me a "Stick in the Mud", but I quite like RME's PEQ the way it is.  If I can't walk to the unit for adjustments?  I surely don't need to be making them!  smile

Now Matthias says improvements to an already excellent PEQ are forthcoming?

Wow!   Cool!!!

I look forward!

Curt

Vintage 2018 ADI-2 DAC. "Classic AKM4490 Edition"
Cables:  Red, and White Ones.
Speakers:  Yes