Topic: Dedicated EQ remote controller

Ok so I know it is not possible to control the EQ settings via the supplied RME remote control... BUT, is it possible to create a new, dedicated controller specifically for mastering applications in the studio?

I have recently discovered that ADI2 Pro FS's digital EQ is quite usable for my work however adjusting the EQ settings would be a lot more user friendly and quick with a dedicated physical remote controller... perhaps via bluetooth?

Is this a possibility or am I dreaming beyond the wildest dreams?

Currently I'm using the remote control for quick A/B testing by switching the EQ on and off plus adjusting levels, it's quite good for that use, but as always, could be improved to become excellent smile

Re: Dedicated EQ remote controller

Not sure what you are dreaming about, but software control of the unit will not come. The next firmware will have some nice improvements for the PEQ, though.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by Gregos 2021-11-27 00:55:21)

MC wrote:

Not sure what you are dreaming about, but software control of the unit will not come. The next firmware will have some nice improvements for the PEQ, though.

I'm dreaming of a hardware controller that you can put on your desk or on your lap (not software).

My use case is for mastering, so that you can remain in the sweet spot while making EQ adjustments but more domestic uses could be setting up EQ from the comfort of a couch while the interface itself is at the front of the room...

It must be possible, considering that the RME Remote can control a few functions already, and also the ARC USB that I always run with my other RME interface (I only use ADI2 pro as DAC/ADC...

Perhaps a new product? I'd be happy to sketch up what it could look like smile

Hmmm...

Remote PEQ.  I can only imagine the FR Mayhem that could result!   Our Ears are not so resolving as we think!

Just a few glasses of Scotch, and you may be completely amazed by your EQ settings tomorrow! 

Call me a "Stick in the Mud", but I quite like RME's PEQ the way it is.  If I can't walk to the unit for adjustments?  I surely don't need to be making them!  smile

Now Matthias says improvements to an already excellent PEQ are forthcoming?

Wow!   Cool!!!

I look forward!

Curt

Vintage 2018 ADI-2 DAC. "Classic AKM4490 Edition"
Cables:  Red, and White Ones.
Speakers:  Yes

RME has such solution but it's not available for the ADI-2 family. Any TotalMix FX compatible device is able to use EQ controlled via OSC. You can certainly program your midi controller and send OSC to control the EQ settings.

Glad to see coming firmware update(s) improvement, though my PEQ setting remains flat and only use B/T, but no one knows if I need it in future smile

Pacifist, dumb, not stupid
Listen music out from a box which sounds
Reading words on paper/ screen

Curt962 wrote:

Hmmm...

Remote PEQ.  I can only imagine the FR Mayhem that could result!   Our Ears are not so resolving as we think!

Just a few glasses of Scotch, and you may be completely amazed by your EQ settings tomorrow! 

Call me a "Stick in the Mud", but I quite like RME's PEQ the way it is.  If I can't walk to the unit for adjustments?  I surely don't need to be making them!  smile

Now Matthias says improvements to an already excellent PEQ are forthcoming?

Wow!   Cool!!!

I look forward!

Curt

Yes, looking forward to the new firmware, could be some minor adjustment too smile

8 (edited by ramses 2021-11-27 08:19:43)

Johannes AU wrote:

Glad to see coming firmware update(s) improvement, though my PEQ setting remains flat and only use B/T, but no one knows if I need it in future smile

Don't be shy, it's not that hard wink Deceided these days to give my LCD-3 headphones a bass boost of +3,5 db at 80 Hz after replacement of ear pads with Dekoni fenestrated sheep skin pads: https://dekoniaudio.com/product/elite-f … eadphones/.
Sounds good for most music material.

@RME: Daniel ?
Die Forum Software ersetzt "s h e e p s k i n" (musste ich jetzt anders tippen) mit "spam!" in der Ansicht.
Aber wenn ich den Artikel editiere, dann steht da wieder s h ee p s k i n im Text.
Scheint irgendein display module in der Forum Software zu sein.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:
Johannes AU wrote:

Don't be shy, it's not that hard wink Deceided these days to give my LCD-3 headphones a bass boost of +3,5 db at 80 Hz after replacement of ear pads with Dekoni fenestrated sheepskin pads: https://dekoniaudio.com/product/elite-f … eadphones/.
Sounds good for most music material.

@RME: Daniel ?
Die Forum Software ersetzt "s h e e p s k i n" (musste ich jetzt anders tippen) mit "spam!" in der Ansicht.
Aber wenn ich den Artikel editiere, dann steht da wieder s h ee p s k i n im Text.
Scheint irgendein display module in der Forum Software zu sein.

ramses, it is not hard at all, I did try the PEQ but still prefers it flat for my own taste, it sounds good with my Dali Oberon 1 and Austrian Audio Hi-X55 smile

Hi Johannes!

My PEQ plays only a minimal role in day to day usage as well, BUT!!!  As Ramses states, the B/T controls are there to be used as needed, and some recordings NEED a bit of fine-tuning.     I've heard Ramses' work, so I trust in his judgement on the matter.  wink

B/T is Cool!

Curt

Curt962 wrote:

Hi Johannes!

My PEQ plays only a minimal role in day to day usage as well, BUT!!!  As Ramses states, the B/T controls are there to be used as needed, and some recordings NEED a bit of fine-tuning.     I've heard Ramses' work, so I trust in his judgement on the matter.  wink

B/T is Cool!

Curt

Sure I will need and try the PEQ as the "Five Eyes" recommended, just need a bit of time, slowly learning ..... step by step. MC disclosed a little bit about PEQ in new firmware, that might be a good start for me.

12 (edited by Johannes AU 2021-11-28 18:00:59)

To explain why I keep the RME PEQ flat at the moment, the reasons are:
The Yamaha has different parameters I can set, simply speaking, kind of DSP.
The sub has gain setting.

So I keep the RME PEQ flat and use the B/T only until I found the best setting at the amp and sub first.

Enjoy music first, tweaking next.

smile

Now imagine you could save the B/T state as PEQ preset, quickly changing between your favourite settings? Even via remote wink

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Now imagine you could save the B/T state as PEQ preset, quickly changing between your favourite settings? Even via remote wink

Wonderful !

When I first got the ADI-2 dac I played some old favourites. Where was some rytmic, really cool sawtooth samples on the track. They sounded kinda weak though in comparison to some former impression. I managed to isolate it in the analyzer and gave just that freqenzy a boost in the PEQ. Thats what I love about RME products, the functionality and precision. One thing I cant stop talking about is the UCXII complements the ADI-2 DAC perfectly and with TMfx PEQ on your laptop you wont have to jump outa your armchairs to make a change. Super combo.. About ADI-2 DAC features I am glad it isnt so specced that I couldnt afford it.

Really excited with the new firmware and the new PEQ upgrade. Im in suspension. Will it be a christmas gift?

ADI-2 DAC, ADI-2 PRO, DigifaceUSB, UCXII, ARC, HEGEL.h80, KEF.ls50, HD650, ie400pro _,.\''/.,_

Happy_amateur wrote:

Really excited with the new firmware and the new PEQ upgrade. Im in suspension. Will it be a christmas gift?

It's kinda looking that way Happy!! 

I'm warming up my USB Cable now so I can be ready when the new FW drops!  smile

Curt

Curt962 wrote:
Happy_amateur wrote:

It's kinda looking that way Happy!! 

I'm warming up my USB Cable now so I can be ready when the new FW drops!  smile

Curt

Don't forget the chimney! (your computer and internet)

Well now!!

While MC is loading his Sleigh with new RME treats...

There may still be time to get THIS little functionality added to the List!!  big_smile

https://youtu.be/mNL4dnfxHIc

Sometimes a glass of red can do more than a 3.5 db bass boost! big_smile Drive safe ppl

ADI-2 DAC, ADI-2 PRO, DigifaceUSB, UCXII, ARC, HEGEL.h80, KEF.ls50, HD650, ie400pro _,.\''/.,_

20 (edited by Johannes AU 2021-11-29 05:15:39)

Happy_amateur wrote:

Sometimes a glass of red can do more than a 3.5 db bass boost! big_smile Drive safe ppl

USBier ..... Alcohol free ....
https://www.aspris.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/FCDB447F-DFF4-4602-82D2-957BD8B1B18F.jpeg

Alkohol Frei Bier?   Was??
That would be a Bug in the Firmware!!   big_smile

Na ja...

Curt

Curt962 wrote:

Alkohol Frei Bier?   Was??
That would be a Bug in the Firmware!!   big_smile

Na ja...

Curt

Curt, I have a bug in my firmware, I cannot take alcohol and abergine ...