Topic: TotalMix FX 1.75 available for Windows and Mac

Edit: Quick hotfix as 1.74 did not work correctly with Digiface Dante and AVB.

TM FX 1.75 is now available for Windows and Mac, and will be part of upcoming driver packages. For manual pre-download see below.

List of changes:

- ARC USB: Mic Gain settings did not work correctly with UC and UCX II

Windows only:

- Fix: Latest Windows versions have changed the signalling entering and return from standby mode

- After sleep with power off of the interface TM FX routing was not re-activated

- After sleep the mixer state is only partially restored

- DURec: Fixed a crash when selecting a Play channel (Rec/Play view active) although no wave file is present to be played

Download:

Win: https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/tmfx_win_175.zip

Mac: https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/tmfx_mac_175.zip

Installation

Windows: Exit TotalMix FX and copy the new version into Windows\System32, overwriting the old file.

Mac: Exit TotalMix FX and copy the app into the Applications folder, overwriting the old file.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: TotalMix FX 1.75 available for Windows and Mac

Bei beiden Dateien: "Error 404 – Not Found"

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

The Driver 3.27 of the UCX ll is updated and contains the new Totalmix 1.75, all is fine.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Links fixed.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hello,

The link contain a version written "version 1.73" when I go to "about" menu. It's only an .exe without any installer

The link includes v1.75. Post 1 includes instructions how to install.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Edit: Quick hotfix as 1.74 did not work correctly with Digiface Dante and AVB.

TM FX 1.75 is now available for Windows and Mac, and will be part of upcoming driver packages. For manual pre-download see below.

List of changes:

- ARC USB: Mic Gain settings did not work correctly with UC and UCX II

Windows only:

- Fix: Latest Windows versions have changed the signalling entering and return from standby mode

- After sleep with power off of the interface TM FX routing was not re-activated

- After sleep the mixer state is only partially restored

- DURec: Fixed a crash when selecting a Play channel (Rec/Play view active) although no wave file is present to be played

Download:

Win: https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/tmfx_win_175.zip

Mac: https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/tmfx_mac_175.zip

Installation

Windows: Exit TotalMix FX and copy the new version into Windows\System32, overwriting the old file.

Mac: Exit TotalMix FX and copy the app into the Applications folder, overwriting the old file.

Hi MC,

I have an RME Fireface UFX+ and I noticed today that when I move the Headphones Volume knob #2 it actually increases the volume in the Headphone #1 (9/10 out) in the Total Mix and I can hear the volume increment in output 9/10 as well.

I couldn't find any way to change that, could you please let me know if that is possible or if is just a wrongly labeled knob or the numbers 1 and 2 of the knobs are not related to headphones 1 and 2.

TotalMix FX Version 1.75 MAC OS X (1)
RME Fireface UFX+ from the TotalMix says SW Version:46 Active Nodes 104.
I am using it on Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7 via the provided USB3 cable.

Cheers!

iMac Mid 2017 4.2Ghz 500Gb NVMe 64GB RAM Logic Pro X 10.6.3 Catalina 10.15.7 RME Fireface UFX +

1 and 2 are encoder labels, not the headphone outputs.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

yeah I realized that now.
A bit misleading the labeling of those encoders, because they are also the Headphone level knobs.
If I could do it on software I'll switch the positions for sure.

iMac Mid 2017 4.2Ghz 500Gb NVMe 64GB RAM Logic Pro X 10.6.3 Catalina 10.15.7 RME Fireface UFX +

10 (edited by Thermaltake 2021-11-28 18:24:49)

I noticed when I overwrite totalmix it was 1.75 version for few days, and when I checked today it return for some reason to v1.73. And then I did overwrite again and same thing happend again in few days. Now I delete totalmix and that totalmix.html in system32 and paste 1.75 version again to see if it will happend again in few days.

It happened because the older TM FX is part of the driver package. When you replug the device, sometimes even reboot is enough,  Windows driver repository puts back the original version...thanks to Plug&Play.

This also happens when TM FX 1.75 is part of the driver, but you have several RME interfaces, and one driver of them has an older TM FX. The moment you connect that interface...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

12 (edited by Thermaltake 2021-11-28 20:51:09)

MC wrote:

It happened because the older TM FX is part of the driver package. When you replug the device, sometimes even reboot is enough,  Windows driver repository puts back the original version...thanks to Plug&Play.

This also happens when TM FX 1.75 is part of the driver, but you have several RME interfaces, and one driver of them has an older TM FX. The moment you connect that interface...

I had several interfaces, but not anymore. I only use UCX II now, and before installing UCX II drivers I uinstall all previous drivers and clean all before installing UCX II ones. So no leftovers, and just one uint now.

I shut down interface over night when I turn off PC. And first thing in the morning turn it On along with my PC. But It doesn't happend instantly day after I do reboot or shut down. It starts to happend in a week or something like that.

Nevertheless driver 1.212 comes with TM FX 1.73...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

14 (edited by in2muzikk 2021-12-02 23:46:17)

Hello, I recently upgraded my MacBook Pro Mid 2012 Unibody to the new MacBook Pro 14" M1 Max 2021.  Monterey is the OS pre-loaded on the new laptop, for better or worse, and is now on version 12.0.1

My audio interface is the Fireface UCX, with the USB A cable plugged into a UGreen USB C to 4 port USB A (non powered) hub.
TotalMix FX Version is 1.75
Fireface Driver is v. 3.27
The Flash Tool currently shows:  USB 48, DSP 2.60, Firewire 24, class compliant 14

The first time I used the Fireface UCX with the new setup was with a Zoom call, and when I tested the speaker from Zoom Preferences, the volume came through my Genelec 8010A speakers at 100%.  The main volume fader in TotalMix wasn't operative:  It moved up and down, but the volume remained the same. 

I tested the setup again today (while wearing earplugs) after turning the Fireface UCX hardware LEV knob down to "00."  Then I played a Youtube video with some music and the volume again came through at 100%.  Moving the Main volume fader up or down in TotalMix didn't change the volume any, nor did turning the black "LEV" hardware knob on the Fireface UCX (when this knob is turned to the right, I see the main volume slider going up in TotalMix, but the volume doesn't change). 

I no longer see the PH 7/8 channel for my headphones in TotalMix either.  Any suggestions on further troubleshooting steps?  The "CH" display on my Fireface UCX shows "PH."

I just found an old post from 2013 where I changed the output level in TotalMix FX from 4dBu to -10dBV.  Since I did a fresh install (no data migration), I just checked the setting and it was at 4dBu.  I have changed it back to -10dBV and will test again tomorrow (too late tonight for the neighbors) while wearing earplugs, and post again here if it helped.

"Main Out" in the TMFX Control Room can be assigned to any output channel. In this case it was clearly NOT assigned to the channels where your speakers connect.

Click the "Assign" button to the right of the Main Out fader, and you can then assign the analog output channels that you actually connected to the speakers (probably AN 1/2) as "Main Out". Once you have assigned that correctly, the PH 7/8 can be assigned as "Phones 1" with the same button. No you'll have 2 faders in the control room section: Phones 1 (means PH 7/8) and Main Out (AN 1/2).

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

16 (edited by in2muzikk 2021-12-03 20:53:31)

Thanks much!  After clicking the "wrench" icon on the Main output TMFX channel, I clicked "ASSIGN" and it was set to channel 7/8.  I changed it to AN 1/2 (correct that speakers are connected here) and the channel for headphones 7/8 shows up again. 

I'll test the volume issue again tomorrow now that I've changed the output setting from 4dBu to -10dBV.  It's dark now in Berlin and I don't want to drive the neighbors crazy at this hour.  wink

Update:  Issue is now resolved, apparently since channel AN 1/2 wasn't assigned, there was nothing in the signal path to limit the audio volume.  I also assigned "Phone 1" to PH 7/8 as suggested, and everything is working normally again so far.

I would really like to complement the RME forum moderators for replying so quickly!  I often recommend RME products to others based on excellent build quality and customer support.

For anyone having issues making Total Mix FX work, can follow these steps that are shown in the link. Now works for me after security allowance.

https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads.html

Hey there - this may have already been discussed but I can't find it, so would appreciate an answer or pointer:
After installing this version I still get the following in the About window:
version 1.60

What am I missing?

You did not exit TM FX before copying the file. Also the latest version is 1.78:

https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/tmfx_win_178.zip

https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/tmfx_mac_178.zip

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

20 (edited by Thermaltake 2022-11-07 21:11:39)

I didn't even see when 1.77 was out...where can we see latest TotalMix on web except on link you gave ? It would be nice to have it under download section on page. Just a suggestion.

Thermaltake wrote:

I didn't even see when 1.77 was out...where can we see latest TotalMix on web except on link you gave ? It would be nice to have it under download section on page. Just a suggestion.

Good idea. +1 !!!

I am using MacOS 12.6.7 Monterey on a recently refurbished by Apple iMac (Intel). I have used the UFX for many years via Firewire on my old iMac. But my new iMac does not have Firewire so I am trying to use USB.
I've tried updating the firmware first as indicated in the readme. The firmware upgrade software seemingly does nothing - no process bar movement. It is as if the UFX is not letting me upgrade it.

So I have also tried installing the latest drivers.

Symptoms: The mac doesn't see the UFX under System Preferences > Sound Input/Output
        It does show my Audient interface, with operates fine.
        My main DAW Reaper preferences says "Not found: UFX (23598287)".

I've tried installing both the 328b2 driver and the 4082 drivekit.
        Driver v4.08 shows up on Fireface USB Settings dialog. With Fireface UFX (23598287)
        On the UFX the USB led is glowing blue.
        Total mix is not running anywhere I can see it. If I try to boot it, it does show active on the Finder Dock,
            but doesn't show up on either monitor.
I tried various different USB ports on the new iMac;
I removed the RME library files and re-installed as suggested in the RME UFX manual;
I checked the class compliant setting on the UFX - It is off. (Should it be on???);
I have booted and rebooted the computer and the UFX in every conceivable sequence;

I've also tried using my old Macbook with CatalinaOS to update the firmware, with the same result - nothing happens.

I suspect I am missing something simple here... advice would be welcome. Thanks.

23 (edited by oli77sch 2023-07-23 07:53:54)

JRBUFX wrote:

I am using MacOS 12.6.7 Monterey on a recently refurbished by Apple iMac (Intel). I have used the UFX for many years via Firewire on my old iMac. But my new iMac does not have Firewire so I am trying to use USB.
I've tried updating the firmware first as indicated in the readme. The firmware upgrade software seemingly does nothing - no process bar movement. It is as if the UFX is not letting me upgrade it.

So I have also tried installing the latest drivers.

Symptoms: The mac doesn't see the UFX under System Preferences > Sound Input/Output
        It does show my Audient interface, with operates fine.
        My main DAW Reaper preferences says "Not found: UFX (23598287)".

I've tried installing both the 328b2 driver and the 4082 drivekit.
        Driver v4.08 shows up on Fireface USB Settings dialog. With Fireface UFX (23598287)
        On the UFX the USB led is glowing blue.
        Total mix is not running anywhere I can see it. If I try to boot it, it does show active on the Finder Dock,
            but doesn't show up on either monitor.
I tried various different USB ports on the new iMac;
I removed the RME library files and re-installed as suggested in the RME UFX manual;
I checked the class compliant setting on the UFX - It is off. (Should it be on???);
I have booted and rebooted the computer and the UFX in every conceivable sequence;

I've also tried using my old Macbook with CatalinaOS to update the firmware, with the same result - nothing happens.

I suspect I am missing something simple here... advice would be welcome. Thanks.

Hi
Why do you post that here? It would make much more sense under 'FireWire & USB series'!
Anyway: maybe you have to allow Totalmix and audio software to use the 'microphone' in macOS system settings > security and privacy

FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

Have you installed the right driver ?
USB driver not Firewire driver.
Class compliant is off, that is correct.
Different USB cable and all USB ports tested ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

25 (edited by JRBUFX 2023-07-23 20:16:54)

Thank you both for responding.
(my error - I thought I was posting to the USB & Firewire topic - my first posting, you see...)
I will go back and make certain I installed the right driver. I was concentrating on the right OS and assuming one driver did both types of interface connections - a rookie mistake. I did see the separate flash firmware updaters of course.
I have tried moving to 5 of the ports. I've tried two USB cables and ordered a third.

Thanks again - J

26 (edited by oli77sch 2023-07-24 06:57:45)

JRBUFX wrote:

Thank you both for responding.
(my error - I thought I was posting to the USB & Firewire topic - my first posting, you see...)
I will go back and make certain I installed the right driver. I was concentrating on the right OS and assuming one driver did both types of interface connections - a rookie mistake. I did see the separate flash firmware updaters of course.
I have tried moving to 5 of the ports. I've tried two USB cables and ordered a third.

Thanks again - J

The driver version numbers you named are for USB (there is no driver kit version for FireWire at all), all good so far. I think it’s an issue with the security settings on the Mac. After the installation you have to allow the driver in the macOS settings. And also, as I wrote before, you have to give the permission for the 'microphone' (the audio hardware is meant).
Have a read here https://www.rme-audio.de/rme-macos.html

FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2