Topic: Tidal auto sample rate switching

I understand from reading about it that the ADI-2 units (I have the Pro FS BE version) do not support sample rate switching as dictated by the material being streamed in Tidal. I also read up on some of the workarounds suggested and frankly seems like something that's unbecoming of a product of RME's caliber. Much cheaper and less polished DACs are happily changing sample rates.

Is this an inherent incapability of the ADI-2, or something that just hasn't been implemented in the drivers (and in this case, any hope of having this addressed in the future).

Re: Tidal auto sample rate switching

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=28801

ADI-2 DAC, ADI-2 PRO, DigifaceUSB, UCXII, ARC, HEGEL.h80, KEF.ls50, HD650, ie400pro _,.\''/.,_

3 (edited by mwilson 2021-11-30 16:36:07)

Thanks. I did read through it, as well as other threads that the search brought up. I wish there weren't a need for workarounds, as the ADI-2 Pro is just so fantastic otherwise.

Edit: and just like the other poster in the thread you linked to mentioned, I also used to have a Resolution Audio Cantata DAC which in fact did switch sample rates on Tidal automatically.

And another edit, which goes to show I didn't have enough coffee today, I forgot to say that I also tried using my RME in class-compliant mode, as well as with the RME-provided drivers.

Is this an Apple or a Tidal problem? My ADI-2 DAC fs adapts to whatever samplerate I feed it with from 32 - 768 khz.

ADI-2 DAC, ADI-2 PRO, DigifaceUSB, UCXII, ARC, HEGEL.h80, KEF.ls50, HD650, ie400pro _,.\''/.,_

5 (edited by mwilson 2021-11-30 17:43:26)

Not sure. Some threads mention that uninstalling the RME drivers would make it adapt to the sample rate from Tidal. I tried this, but for me it's not changing anything.

Oh well. I installed audirvana so problem solved.

Good for U! I play PCM and DSD from JRiver with ASIO driver. Never had so much as a hickup. Super stable with any bitdepth and samplerate.