1 (edited by hced 2022-04-16 20:06:40)

Topic: Elgato Wave 3 + HDSPe AIO – how to route?

I'd like to use my Elgato Wave 3 USB mic in apps like WaveLab to record mic input. But I can't for the life of me figure out how to get a signal from the mic (which works perfectly in chat apps like Discord etc). I guess my question pertains to USB mics and HDSPe AIO/Hammerfall/TotalMix (not sure which of these is directly related to my question but) – is it possible *at all* to use a USB mic with my HDSPe AIO card in audio apps?

Sorry if my question is diffuse, but... well. that's what I'd like to be able to do (using HDSPe AIO in ASIO mode with a USB mic like Elgato Wave). What complicated things is that Wave has its own dedicated routing software, Wave Link... this is so confusing :-)

Re: Elgato Wave 3 + HDSPe AIO – how to route?

No, your USB microphone won't connect to the HDSP/Totalmix, sorry. It's a separate audio device.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thanks for your reply, Daniel. Hmm ... perhaps hard for you to answer, but the mic does have a 3.5 mm headphone jack that I may perhaps be possible to route to my HDSPe AIO? Question is whether I'll be able to use both audio interfaces simultaneously because in order to get audio out of the headphone jack, I guess I'll need to use the dedicated (Elgato WaveLink) app. Again, not meaning to get support for Elgato products ;-) Just thinking loud smile

You could connect the jack to an analog input of the card with suitable adapters... That should work, if the microphone also sends the recording signal to the phones output, and doesn't just use it for playback.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME