Topic: Programming EQ on ADI-2 Pro Professional Audiogram

I have had my hearing tested by an audiologist and I have been prescribed a single hearing aid 105 db high end boost.

Would it be reccommended to try and program the EQ to replace the hearing aid technology, or can it replace it?

Where can I send the audiogram for opinion? Is there an RME e-mail . Are there special protections in hearing aids?

I'm missing a great amount of HF on the right ear.

Re: Programming EQ on ADI-2 Pro Professional Audiogram

RME products are not a hearing aids... You need to purchase a hearing aid.
You can program your ADI-2's EQ and loudness to match your audiogram result.
but I guess you're not going to carry the device, mic, power bank and headphone wherever you go, right?

3 (edited by KaiS 2022-05-13 10:47:01)

lewis71980 wrote:

I Would it be reccommended to try and program the EQ to replace the hearing aid technology, or can it replace it?

Where can I send the audiogram for opinion? Is there an RME e-mail . Are there special protections in hearing aids?

I'm missing a great amount of HF on the right ear.

That‘s what Dual EQ is made for, have different settings left and right.

A typical audiogram only gives a hint what to set.
It show the shift of your threshold of hearing for few frequencies only, relative to a healthy hearing.

When listening to music one usually listens above this threshold.
The disorder has a much lower effect then, and needs much less compensation then the audiogram figures might suggest.

Headphone’s characteristics and your favorite style of music are important factors too.

Probably a subjective approach has the best chances for success:

• Start by setting your typical listening level.
• Play a few typical tracks of your favorite music.
• With the EQ set to “Dual EQ”, broadband boost the frequency range that is shown disordered, until you think it’s significantly too much.
• Now dial back Gain dB by 1/3.
• Fine adjust Frequency, Q and Gain while switching trough different music tracks.
• Store the result.
• Over time you might do additional fine adjusts.
• As a backup, note the settings, just in case.

I removed three posts with links to hearing aids tools that are not related to using RME products nor belong in our forum.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME