Topic: Sound problem with the navigation of the equalizer presets?

ADI-2 Pro FS R BE 262/113

Parfois lorsque je sélectionne un préréglage EQ de type Hi Cut et que je navigue vers le suivant ou le précédent (Preset type shelf) il y a un niveau de crête très élevé (Comme un "tic") sur les canaux gauche et droit et parfois un ou l'autre. C'est problématique surtout lorsque le volume est plus élevé.

Voici mon exemple pour provoquer la situation:
Musique avec faible niveau d'entrée (USB ou optique) et un volume plus élevé sur n'importe quelle sortie du DAC pour mieux entendre. (Attention peut être dure pour les oreilles avec un casque d'écoute)
Préréglage EQ 1 band 1 type Hi Cut 85 Hz et préréglage EQ 2 band 1 type shelf par défaut (lin), passer lentement de un à l'autre (Intervalle de deux à trois secondes) toujours avec de la musique, répéter souvent et il finit par le faire. (C'est aléatoire, en général entre une et huit fois pour le test dans mon cas)

Merci

Software Translation

Sometimes when I select a Hi Cut EQ preset and navigate to the next or previous one (Shelf type preset) there is a very high peak level (Like a "tic") on the left and right channels and sometimes one or the other. This is especially problematic when the volume is higher.

Here is my example to provoke the situation:
Music with low input level (USB or optical) and a higher volume on any output of the DAC to hear better (Be careful can be hard for the ears with a headphone)
Preset EQ 1 band 1 type Hi Cut 85 Hz and preset EQ 2 band 1 type shelf default (lin), move slowly from one to the other (Two to three seconds interval) always with music, repeat often and he eventually did. (It is random, usually between one and eight times for the test in my case)

Thank you

ADI-2 Pro FS R Black Edition

2 (edited by JustAnAvocado 2022-05-17 11:15:14)

Re: Sound problem with the navigation of the equalizer presets?

I've noticed the same thing on my ADI-2 Pro.

Another way to replicate it is by just switching band one back and forth between the high pass and low pass filters.

Re: Sound problem with the navigation of the equalizer presets?

That is normal and already optimized as much as possible. Complete mute of those sounds requires more DSP resources that are currently used for more useful features.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME