Topic: Only for Dac part, are the package leaflet the same ?

Good morning,

For the DAC part, is the Adi-2 Dac fs package leaflet usable for the Adi-2 Pro FS?

I ask this question because there is a French translation of the Adi-2 Dac FS notice on a forum.

I want the Pro model, but the instructions in English cool me. If the Adi Dac manual was usable for the pro, it would make things a lot easier for me.

As I said, I only asked the question for the DAC part of the 2 aircraft.

I suppose that the conversion chips being different (ess9028/ akm4493), there will be different instructions, but it is the general notice that matters most to me.

Sincerely,
Bastien

Re: Only for Dac part, are the package leaflet the same ?

If you want to compare both products,

- read their manuals
- see this sticky posting on forum: https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=32506
- read my blog article which contains useful information about both products: https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/Ent … ses-EN-DE/

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I know the differences between the two models.
That wasn’t my question.
Please read my question again

4 (edited by ning 2022-06-25 02:58:57)

if you mean the quick start guide that's packaged with the unit, accessories, and manual, they are different.

each dealer put different language/version of it to the package. Some packages don't even have it.

if you are asking if the instruction on ADI-2 DAC applies to the Pro. Yes. the two products are very similar so instructions mostly apply.

5 (edited by KaiS 2022-06-25 07:36:22)

bastienseig wrote:

For the DAC part, is the Adi-2 Dac fs package leaflet usable for the Adi-2 Pro FS?

I ask this question because there is a French translation of the Adi-2 Dac FS notice on a forum.

I want the Pro model, but the instructions in English cool me. If the Adi Dac manual was usable for the pro, it would make things a lot easier for me.

As I said, I only asked the question for the DAC part of the 2 aircraft.

I suppose that the conversion chips being different (ess9028/ akm4493), there will be different instructions, but it is the general notice that matters most to me.

The chips change nothing important for the user.

You can switch ADI-2 Pro into a “Mode” called “DAC”.
It is the best “Mode” for home use anyway, and the most simple one.

In “DAC Mode” using the Pro is very similar to the DAC.

bastienseig wrote:

I know the differences between the two models.
That wasn’t my question.
Please read my question again

I have to admit, I didn't quite understand the question.
Now that I read the other answers, you seem to mean something like a package insert that explains basic functions.
Take a look at the first chapters of the manual, they also explain the basic functions of the device, driver installation, firmware upgrade (but even that is usually up-to-date at delivery).
To operate volume, bass, treble and connect the power supply you don't really need a manual, that's self-explanatory.
The basic functions / basic operation of the device is very simple, because a lot is done automatically by the device itself.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thank you for your contributions, I now have my answers smile

Download the latest ADI-2 Pro FS R manual in english from our website.

Open your browser, go to Google translate. Check translate document.

Set English to French

Upload the manual that you just downloaded

Download the translated pdf.

While the layout is screwed in some places (mainly the chapter index) it is no issue to read and navigate the manual. Within the chapters the text/pic correlation stays ok.

Can't comment on the translation quality, but shoudn't be that bad.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

BTW .. translation quality of deepl.com appears to be better to me.

Note: when using the free version you need to copy/paste in batches of 5000 chars
unless you buy the pro services where it is possile to translate PDF files and Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Text files.