Topic: Can I connect Directly via USB Android Phone (to use Spotify)

Hi,
Just recently bought RME ADI-2 DAC. Wondering if its possible to connect my androind phone (Xiaomi Mi8) tothe ADI-2 DAC using the usb port. The ideia is to play spotify, controlling using the smartphone.

I also bought iFi zen blue, in order to add bluetooth connectivity to de system ( Planning to connect digital FO port between the iFi Zen Blue and RME ADI.2 DAC.

Re: Can I connect Directly via USB Android Phone (to use Spotify)

of course. you just need a regular usb otg cable.

3 (edited by KaiS 2022-06-20 17:54:34)

You can connect ADI-2 to an USB-C equipped iPad with a standard USB-C to USB-B cable.

With Android it might work the same way.

I have a Sony Xperia compact, Android phone with Neutron media player. Works like a dream, plug and play. Embedded player works fine too. I play mostly flac files and Spotify.

ADI-2 DAC, ADI-2 PRO, DigifaceUSB, UCXII, ARC, HEGEL.h80, KEF.ls50, HD650, ie400pro _,.\''/.,_

It is possible, but don't expect the best quality. Spotify is lossy, this will be further resampled and changed volume via Android audio system from 16/44 to 16/48, again quality loss, then if you will use BT, then again loss of quality - lower via LDAC, bigger via APTx, big via basic SBC codec.
Better use Tidal/Qobuz via USB Audio Player Pro - payed, runs also 1.MQA decoding.
And for local any format (including DSD and PCM to 24/386) looseless playback from Android via USB cable generally UAPP, Neutron, HiByMusic, Fiio Music or other good player with its own USB audio driver to avoid Android resampling.
Common Android players are not very good quality.

ADI-2 DAC, Digiface USB, Fireface UCXII, ARC USB, Neumann MA1 aligned monitors

The USB-C to USB-B cable has arrived. Will try to see if it works today... I'll post the results

Works like a Charm!
Many thanks!

8 (edited by koshkimishki 2023-01-08 16:46:49)

Wow, I've never thought it can work like that. I'll try it as well and will let you know if it worked for me. Btw, I like to use my phone for multiple purposes, and that's why I take advantage of all the features. Here are many different things that you can do with a modern smartphone, including making phone calls, sending text messages, browsing the web, taking photos and videos, and using a wide variety of apps for everything from social media to productivity to entertainment. Moreover, in our modern world, you can also earn money through your phone, like in your Instagram blog, or through marketing like cold calling (the only thing you need is a second phone number, here you can get it https://www.mightycall.com/vanity-phone-number/).

KaiS wrote:

You can connect ADI-2 to an USB-C equipped iPad with a standard USB-C to USB-B cable.

Hi, do you know if this Is valid for ADI2 Pro too ?

sinarca wrote:
KaiS wrote:

Yes!

ADI-2 DAC, ADI-2 PRO, DigifaceUSB, UCXII, ARC, HEGEL.h80, KEF.ls50, HD650, ie400pro _,.\''/.,_

11 (edited by KaiS 2023-01-08 15:46:47)

USB-C equipped i-Devices can be connected to all ADI-2 versions with a standard USB-C to USB-B cable.

Lightning Connector equipped i-Devices can be connected to all ADI-2 versions using one of the Lightning to USB Camera-Adapters with a standard Lightning to USB-B cable.

https://store.storeimages.cdn-apple.com/4668/as-images.apple.com/is/MD821?wid=1144&hei=1144&fmt=jpeg&qlt=95&.v=0

https://store.storeimages.cdn-apple.com/4668/as-images.apple.com/is/MK0W2?wid=1144&hei=1144&fmt=jpeg&qlt=90&.v=1479496994382

Happy_amateur wrote:
sinarca wrote:
KaiS wrote:

Yes!

Thanks