1 (edited by johanj 2022-07-06 10:19:07)

Topic: Encoder filter settings

I have the adi-2 DAC fs for one day and it is an amazing device. There is a learning curve to understand all functions and settings, but I am getting there…
I don’t understand though the settings Encoder Filter in the Phones / DSD / Power section. In the manual I find this:

Encoder Filter
1, 1 to 5. Jumping or backward running encoders can in most cases be used normally again with the setting 3.

What does this do and when to use?

2 (edited by KaiS 2022-07-06 11:23:18)

Re: Encoder filter settings

johanj wrote:

I don’t understand though the settings Encoder Filter in the Phones / DSD / Power section. In the manual I find this:

Encoder Filter
1, 1 to 5. Jumping or backward running encoders can in most cases be used normally again with the setting 3.

What does this do and when to use?

The 3 turnable knobs are called “Encoders“.

Over the years their multiple mechanical contacts can wear out or get dirty and do not always give immediate contact then.

Higher filter settings avoid value entries to behave flaky, jumpy.
If this happen, turn up the filter one notch per time, then retry, until the value entry jumps disappear.

But- don’t worry, my years old ADI-2 Pro’s Encoders still behaves normal with the lowest filter value.

This setting does NOT affect audio in any way.

3 (edited by johanj 2022-07-06 11:27:09)

Re: Encoder filter settings

Thank you KaiS
Another example of the nifty features of this device. I am impressed by the way it is designed.

I was confused by the word encoder and filter. I was thinking it had to do with the DA filters.
Encodes are the three buttons on the front, I won’t forget it! Thanks…