1 (edited by Shadow 2020-06-07 19:49:18)

Topic: Digiface USB LED Always On ?

Hello, I have recently purchased a new Digiface USB and have noticed that after I put my computer to sleep, the main usb led stays lit and when checking the unit hours later, the unit is warm so looks like it isn't powering down. Ive been pulling the usb out after using it but #1 is this normal and #2 is there a way to get it to power off with the desktop ? I don't want to needlessly be using up its electrical life by having it on 12+ hours a night/day when not in use. Thanks

Re: Digiface USB LED Always On ?

Your computer should have a setting in BIOS where you can switch off power on the USB ports during sleep/off.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks MC, I appreciate your reply as always. I've set all my windows power settings and also searched in my BIOS, I have e an ASUS X99 Deluxe II and can find no where to turn it off in the BIOS. Maybe someone with the same board has some insight?
Thanks

Shadow wrote:

Thanks MC, I appreciate your reply as always. I've set all my windows power settings and also searched in my BIOS, I have e an ASUS X99 Deluxe II and can find no where to turn it off in the BIOS. Maybe someone with the same board has some insight?
Thanks

I would ask Asus support.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

5 (edited by Yearofthegoat 2022-08-06 17:56:23)

I think it's in your manual:
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/12409 … ml?page=53

Enabling ErP switches off the USB power (and other things), when in S4 (sleep) or S5 (shutdown/hibernation).