Topic: No Sound via Optical input

IFI Zen Blue v2 (Bluetooth Receiver) -> connected with RME ADI-2 DAC FS via Optical Toslink -> ADI-2 connected by Cinch unbalanced with an Amplifier
Result: no sound at all
There is no red light glowing on optical plug on the ADI-2 neither

Connected via USB-Cable with laptop and JRiver-Media Center the sound is perfect.

Can anybody help?

Thanks a lot

Re: No Sound via Optical input

Optical on the DAC model is input only so not seeing red light is expected.

You need to config your ifi correctly, making it output spdif optical signal.

3 (edited by terrys999 2022-07-18 13:50:02)

dabru wrote:

IFI Zen Blue v2 (Bluetooth Receiver) -> connected with RME ADI-2 DAC FS via Optical Toslink -> ADI-2 connected by Cinch unbalanced with an Amplifier

Connected via USB-Cable with laptop and JRiver-Media Center the sound is perfect.

Can anybody help?

Thanks a lot

The adi 2 dac fs. Receives the digital signals so there’s no red light shining out.
The source sends the light ect.
Your toslink cable or source unit is faulty 

Your zen or cable is faulty

Ah Ning beat me to it.

dabru wrote:

Can anybody help?

Thanks a lot

I bet you have USB input selected on the ADI-2 DAC

press "OPT" (it stands for optical) on the ADI-2 DAC remote, you get sound.

I guess it must be the cable. With a coaxial cable it works just perfectly with 96 khz and 24 bit depth. Thanks for your answers!

@fisico: thx for your answer. But I did not selected USB-Input by using the optical wire. Can be I'm stupid, but really not so much ....  :-))

dabru wrote:

I guess it must be the cable. With a coaxial cable it works just perfectly with 96 khz and 24 bit depth. Thanks for your answers!

@fisico: thx for your answer. But I did not selected USB-Input by using the optical wire. Can be I'm stupid, but really not so much ....  :-))

Glad you sorted the problem. Sorry if I sounded arrogant, it wasn't my intent.

fisico wrote:
dabru wrote:

Glad you sorted the problem. Sorry if I sounded arrogant, it wasn't my intent.

All good - have a maginfique summer, Mr. fisico!