Topic: Does ADI 2 Pro still have the benefit on speakers with dsp builtin

Hi,

I am planning to upgrade my monitor speakers.

I have done some search, found there are a lot of speakers has dsp built-in and aes input port.

It seems the speakers with dsp would convert analog input into digital signal first.

Dose the adi2 pro still have the benefit on this kinds of speakers, if the speaker convert the signal again or use aes into the speaker directly ?

Or should I stick to pure analog gears for the benefit of the adi2pro ?

(sorry for my English)

2 (edited by KaiS 2022-07-20 16:26:01)

Re: Does ADI 2 Pro still have the benefit on speakers with dsp builtin

You can connect ADI-2 Pro‘s digital AES output to the Speaker’s digital AES input and still benefit from ADI-2‘s DSP functions like the Equalizer.

ADI-2 Pro even makes a good interface (“Soundcard“) from USB (and other sources) to AES digital.

If you have an analog source, like a turntable, radio tuner, tapedeck, ADI-2 Pro will serve you well as high class AD-converter too.

Re: Does ADI 2 Pro still have the benefit on speakers with dsp builtin

Difficult question. If you have speakers with a digital input, any soundcard with a digital out will give the same results. The chance you loose the sublime da conversion with an extra stage of ad/da in the speaker is very large. Still if such a DSP speaker is very good, it could still be better then a ADI with less good full analog speakers.
Anyway you are in the very subtle differences area.
Speakers and the room have much more influence then any da converter anyway.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632