Topic: ADI-2 Pro FS Problem with update

Hi guys, please help me with my problem. When updating my RME ADI-2 Pro FS the DSP 113 firmware to DSP 116 via the RME USB Flash Update Tool, the process ended successfully. After I turned off and on the device like in instruction. Then I pressed power, the button light up as usual, but the volume control button dont ligth at all, and display dont work. I gues update dont loaded or broken soft. Resetting to factory settings did not help.

2 (edited by KaiS 2022-08-04 16:47:02)

Re: ADI-2 Pro FS Problem with update

Try to re-flash.
Use a different USB-cable (short one) AND -port.

KaiS wrote:

Try to re-flash.
Use a different USB-cable (short one) AND -port.

I know about the problem of USB ports. I have already done a firmware update. I can't update from a working USB port. The device is not detected by the RME USB Flash Update Tool (there is no update button). Power is supplied to the device, the LED light up. The USB cable is connected, but the update program does not see the device (the screen does not work, the software does not start, I see that the device is not starting).

4 (edited by ning 2022-08-05 07:53:50)

if it is not a power adapter issue you may need to send it back...

As a last resort, try a reset:
Hold Encoder 1 and Volume Button (NOT Volume Dial!) while powering up.

From manual page 31:

Returning to Factory State

Hold encoder 1 and the VOL button pushed while turning on the unit. The screen will show Reset Done. All current settings are reset to factory default, user-stored Setups and EQ presets are not affected. The same action is performed by loading Factory via Setup Select. Note that the reset will be incomplete when the unit is connected to USB while performing the reset.

When holding encoder 1, 2 and the VOL button pushed while turning on the unit, user -stored Setups and EQ Presets are also reset.

KaiS wrote:

As a last resort, try a reset:
Hold Encoder 1 and Volume Button (NOT Volume Dial!) while powering up.

From manual page 31:

Returning to Factory State

Hold encoder 1 and the VOL button pushed while turning on the unit. The screen will show Reset Done. All current settings are reset to factory default, user-stored Setups and EQ presets are not affected. The same action is performed by loading Factory via Setup Select. Note that the reset will be incomplete when the unit is connected to USB while performing the reset.

When holding encoder 1, 2 and the VOL button pushed while turning on the unit, user -stored Setups and EQ Presets are also reset.

Thanks. I did, but it didn't help. I don't know what else it could be anymore.

7 (edited by KaiS 2022-08-05 13:47:18)

Did you unplug USB for the reset?

Manual page 31 again:
... Note that the reset will be incomplete when the unit is connected to USB while performing the reset.

Did you try the full reset (see above) too?

Thank you for your patience.
Made a complete and incomplete discharge. The screen remained black (the inscriptions about the reset did not appear).
When the power is turned on, red LEDs light up in the housing. Nothing happens further. I assume that the software is not loaded (BIOS ???). I connected to the USB ports on several computers. The device is not determined.
Is it possible to do something at home? It will not work to send the device for flashing. It is a pity to remove this excellent device from your system (I have been using 2 years).

send it for reflash. that's the easiest way...