1 (edited by akkoarme 2022-08-04 23:31:15)

Topic: ADI-2 DAC FS Fixed Line-Out Only?

Hello,

ADI-2 DAC FS, is it possible to turn only the Line-Out (RCA) from variable to fixed, and leaving the headphones out variable?

Thanks,
Akko

Re: ADI-2 DAC FS Fixed Line-Out Only?

Not possible

Well, the question is not clear enough. I could answer sure, that is possble. But not when using both outputs at the same time...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

You can Lock Volume in rear out but not Phone.

5 (edited by KaiS 2022-08-05 08:36:59)

akkoarme wrote:

ADI-2 DAC FS, is it possible to turn only the Line-Out (RCA) from variable to fixed, and leaving the headphones out variabl

Yes, if you plug out the headphone’s, the settings for Line Out are loaded, which include this option.

All outputs can have their individual settings, but not at the same time, as there’s only one DAC chip that serves all outputs.

Thanks for all the replies, my aim was to have the volume knob only control the headphone output while the rear lineout is set to a fixed output to feed an amp that has a volume control.

akkoarme wrote:

...my aim was to have the volume knob only control the headphone output while the rear lineout is set to a fixed output to feed an amp that has a volume control.

ADI-2 Pro can do this, it has 2 DAC chips, the 2nd one serves an individual headphones output.

Depending on the type of your headphones a passive volume control like the Sennheiser HRZ 6 might help to achieve what you want.

https://en-ie.sennheiser.com/hzr-6

On Planar Magnetic ‘phones like the AUDEZE, Hifiman etc. it works well without changing their sound.