Topic: digicheck save dialogue

Digicheck is just wonderful for recording my group practice sessions.
When it comes to save the audio at the end of a practice session, it all works fine, but it takes a few minutes with a long session and several channels.

I often leave the machine to get on with it and come back when it is all done.

However, when the files are successfully saved, there is no message to  confirm this. Merely the Digicheck is waiting for me to clear the data. I often feel it necessary for me to check if the files are successfully saved by looking in the folder before I press Clear, just in case it did't complete the save.

I would feel more confident if there were a message to confirm the successful save operation, rather than just a blank. Anybody agree?

Digicheck is still wonderful!

Re: digicheck save dialogue

About which DIGIcheck version do you speak? Windows or Apple and which version?

Regarding speed, details about the session pls. Number of tracks, sample rate, bit depth, how large is the resulting file?

Information about your computer: cpu, ram, disk ?
To which type of disk do you record and finally write the data. Is it a SATA disk, ssd or is it a disk connected to USB2, USB3?
Of is this an USB stick?

More information please, this way the information is a bit vague.

> I would feel more confident if there were a message to confirm the successful save operation,
> rather than just a blank. Anybody agree?

This is always a good idea.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Digicheck 5.94 on Windows 10, 64 bit, saving to internal SATA disk
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10400F CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
I record 6 tracks at 48k 24bit, session is just less than 2 hours, so each separate wave file about 900MB.

I have no problem about the speed, it works absolutely fine, just takes a short time to complete.
As the files are being saved, you can see the progress displayed. However, when it gets to 100%, the progress display disappears.
So I often go off to do something else while it's saving, and when I come back with a cup of coffee to see if it's completed, I would just like the software to leave a screen notification that the files have been saved okay at the end.

So, Digicheck knows it has completed the save, and it is waiting for me to clear the data, but I am looking at it, thinking, 'did I really press save before I went off to make a coffee?' as my memory is a bit sieve-like. So I go to double check if the files have been saved on the disk.  It would just be great for Digicheck to realise my memory isn't so great -and tell me, 'Yes, you did save those valuable files, now you can clear the data'.

I hope that makes better sense.

I save it as multichannel file. Then saving is instantly done. No waiting.
Then clear and record again.
Extracting the mono files afterwards with the rme poly mono wav Tool .
Georg

georgob wrote:

I save it as multichannel file. Then saving is instantly done. No waiting.
Then clear and record again.
Extracting the mono files afterwards with the rme poly mono wav Tool .
Georg

Thanks, that way would work for me too. I hadn't used multichannel files before.

Digicheck records into a temporary multichannel file. Saving is simply done by renaming it.
Saving as mono files requires extraction , that takes longer.
Georg