Topic: Adi 2 pro fs remote problem

Since 2 days my adi pro only accepts single remote commands i.e. a long pressed volume button only raises volume by 0,5 increments no matter how long the button is pressed. Same with balance.
It happens with rme remote as well as with harmony.

Re: Adi 2 pro fs remote problem

Btw: factory reset (vol bttn + encoder 1) does not help.

3 (edited by john34 2022-08-14 14:20:14)

Interesting: occasionally remote works as intended, no matter which remote commander is used.

New battery in the remote?

Yes. Problem is the same with Harmony Hub. Tried to clean sensor window to no avail.
Intermittedly remotes work as intended

6 (edited by fieldstu 2022-08-14 22:03:14)

Just two questions

Q1) Any issues worse on sunny days? (I.e. more infrared in the listening room)
Q2) issues less occurring at a shorter distance between remote and device?

ADI2, Digiface, ARC

The unit is sitting in the same shady place since one year. When the problem occurs it won‘t go away even if you come as close as 20cm.

8 (edited by fieldstu 2022-08-15 20:04:20)

I’m thinking either the device you control needs a full reset incl the remote mapping reset if any. And 2nd thought is that on one of the two remotes another button might be stuck i.e. remains pressed that prevents the long press of the other button

ADI2, Digiface, ARC

Typical cause for such is another device sending out disturbing light. Like a monitor or TV screen, maybe a new LED room light...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Yesterday it worked without any problems. I did not install or remove any equipment. Strange.
Should malfunction occur again, I will check function under a rug! smile

11 (edited by john34 2022-09-14 09:07:17)

Yesterday the problem reoccurred. Long button pushes raised (or lowered) Vol just 0,5db no matter how long executed. To raise level I had to push the Up button repeatedly. (Yes, I tried it under a blanket too while nobody was watching smile).
I tried both harmony elite remote with hub an original RME remote.
Half an hour later everything was functioning as it should without any intervention.