Topic: DSD Volume Levels with DSD Direct

Hi all.

I don't have a preamp and have happily been using my FS direct to my amp.

Currently as needed, the FS converts DSD to PCM.

My question is with DSD direct and only 'coarse' volume, just how coarse is that?  4 levels I believe?
Will I be able to still have it directly connected to power amp without a preamp *just* for testing some direct DSD vs. DSD to PCM conversion for my DSD sources?

I don't want to blow up my speakers :-)

TY.

Kev.

Re: DSD Volume Levels with DSD Direct

Dont do that!!!

The levels you are talking about is the reference levels. Resided in I/O menu settings. I think for this even to work you need either, an integrated amp or attenuators between ADI and amp.

ADI-2 DAC, ADI-2 PRO, DigifaceUSB, UCXII, ARC, HEGEL.h80, KEF.ls50, HD650, ie400pro _,.\''/.,_

I thought it would be line level so of course reaching out...!

With DSD to analog bypassing a reconstruction filter (correct?) should I expect much difference in direct vs. the DSD to PCM that the FS does?

TY.

Kev.

I tried to set this up here but JRiver just refused to output DSD at all. If totally wrong nothings lost anyway, thinking about your Hifi system smile

No i wouldnt expect much difference. IMHO DSD has great sound, but not in any way the holy grail some ppl think of it. Look at the manual, there are some quirks to it to. I think all this is at the samel level of quality.  PCM also has the benefit of better handling with ADI-2 DAC/PRO. You should make your own opinion. Just dont drive a full signal through your power amp.

ADI-2 DAC, ADI-2 PRO, DigifaceUSB, UCXII, ARC, HEGEL.h80, KEF.ls50, HD650, ie400pro _,.\''/.,_