Topic: Question about line out/headphone switch on the remote

Hi there,

I'v been using the RME 2 dac FS for some time. Love everything about it except for the finnicky vol button on the remote. A lot of times during the day i switch between my headphones and speakers when i'm working. The headphones are always plugged in, so i switch via remote. What i found was that the long press on the vol button sometimes doesn't work the way it should. A lot of times it mutes the output and then siwtches to headphones. Other times it works great. Sometimes the button does not work at all and i have to press and hold like 2 or 3 times in order for it to respond.

I talk a lot on my headphones and sometimes i don't realize the output is muted and i'm wondering why i don't hear anybody on the other side. That happens when i switch from my speakers to headphones of course. The short press works great, its the long press that's problematic at times. Any way to program the short press function out of the remote, or move it to another location or something ? Its a little problematic when there are 2 functions on the same button, at least for me.

Other then that, its a brilliant device.

Re: Question about line out/headphone switch on the remote

Have a look at the remap key function under Setup.

Re: Question about line out/headphone switch on the remote

KaiS wrote:

Have a look at the remap key function under Setup.

Figured it out, thank you. Set it to button n.3 Now i'm a happy man. I'm still curious, if someone alse had problems with that vol button.