Topic: Fireface 400 compatibility with Monterey?

I have a Fireface 400 I got in . . I dunno, probably 2008 or so.
I have a MacBook Pro currently running Mojave.

Fireface has Firewire 400 ports.  Right now, I use a sequence of adaptors to go from FW400-->FW800-->FW??-->thunderbolt.

And it does seem to work.

I am tentatively planning to upgrade to Monterey.
I should be able to keep it all working, yes?  Any wierd performance issues to anticipate?

Thanks.

Re: Fireface 400 compatibility with Monterey?

I have a Fireface 800 that works perfectly with a M1 iMac and Monterey (and Logic), also with that sequence of adapters.

Be aware that Apple will discontinue Firewire support with the next OS Ventura and that there will be no new drivers from RME because they can't do anything about it (as they told me).

Michael

iMac M1, Fireface 800, Logic Pro X

I wonder if someone will invent some device that acts as a buffer or something.  I mean, it's great hardware, just because Apple changes dongles every 2 months shouldn't invalidate it.

It's not a problem of hardware. Future MacOS won't support Firewire anymore.

I don't want to use another interface, too. So I will simply stay with Monterey which doesn't cause problems because I don't do other things with that Mac.

Michael

iMac M1, Fireface 800, Logic Pro X

Yeah, I was just wondering if someone might invent a 3rd party device.  Apple Ventura can talk to the device, and the device will be able to talk to the Fireface. That way we could use a new Apple machine in the future with the Fireface.  Anyway, probably I will just need to by a new audio interface when I buy a new computer for audio.  Or, I switch to PC.