Topic: Concerns with using ADI-2 Pro FS in a hifi setup

I wish to feed the inputs of my decks with a separate signal (3/4) as my main out (1/2) for monitoring.

The unbalanced inputs of my decks are rated as follows:
DR-M44HX max -20 dB @ 0.775 V (which is the norm for hifi setups), with 50 kOhm load, as its output is also 0.775 V @ 0 dB, therefor needing to switch the reference level to +13 dBU to accommodate voltages.
122 mkII max -10 dBV @ 0.3 V, 30 kOhm load.

However, there are only two settings for output 3/4: 1.73 V @ +4 dBU and 10 V @ +22 dBU, while if "Hi Off" or "Hi On" are engaged, they provide +22 and +7 dBU, respectively. I'm not seeing compatibilities here. The driving looks way too hot.

-

Also, for using the unit as preamp, playing back outputs of CD players, I usually select +13 dBU ref. level for inputs with max 2 V (either fixed or variable), and +24 dBU for 6.9 V variable, while the main outs are set to +4 dBU. Even though it gives more 'presence' with lower ref. levels, I feel like it's fatiguing my satellite's (studio midfield monitors) drivers, particularly harsh at hi-mids. They are set to unity gain at ~84 dB SPL. 

Suggestions? Am I doing it correctly?

Re: Concerns with using ADI-2 Pro FS in a hifi setup

andycroat wrote:

...playing back outputs of CD players

Do you mean you want connect the analog output of a CD-player to the ADI-2 and use the ADI-2 as the preamp for Volumen control ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Re: Concerns with using ADI-2 Pro FS in a hifi setup

Volume, EQ, image control. Yes.