1 (edited by darkinners 2022-09-17 10:16:08)

Topic: UFX+ Flash update failed with error

Since updated to Apple Silicon Mac, UFX+ TB connection has click and pop issue in DAW then I switched to a USB3 connection.
Have been using a USB3 connection on my UFX+ for a few months without any issues.

Yesterday I tried to use the TB connection again to see after a few Monterey updates to check if that issue is caused by Apple and whether it's fixed.
But after I power off UFX+, disconnect the USB3 cable, plug in the TB cable to the Mac, and power on the UFX+.
The UFX+ failed into boot loop, all LED blink, relay switch click noise loop, the LCD screen is all white.
I revert back to USB3 connection, then UFX+ starts up normally, boot loop issue was fixed.
I tried to set the connection type from Auto to TB manually on UFX+, then it went into boot loop permanently.
Then I did a hardware factory reset on UFX+, it's back to normal with USB3 connection present.

I downloaded the 2022-04-04 Flash Update tool (PCIe 110 / DSP 46/ USB54)
My current UFX+ (PCIe 110 / DSP 46 / USB 54 / Fallback USB 52)
So the same version but I tried to click "Flash All" to flash and overwrite anyway.

After writing the firmware it shows
" flash update failed with error D0001D44/3"

After powering off the computer and UFX+ and trying the TB connection again, the boot loop issue went away. UFX+ start up normally and can be used with TB connection.
TB works but still has clicks and pop under sample size 256 or so, so I revert back to USB3 which can run 16 or 32 samples without any issue.

So should I be worried? What is that error D0001D44/3 mean?

Thanks!

Re: UFX+ Flash update failed with error

Anyone know what the  error D0001D44/3 mean?