Topic: UFX+ Loopback via hardware interface?

I am currently running my UFX+ in CC mode and it's working well.
I am running into a situation where I need to turn on loopback for Microphone 9, and point it back to Chan 1/2.
Typically I'd do this via TotalMix FX. I've been menu diving the device interface, and looking through the manual. I'm unable to find any info on this.
Anyone know how to enable loopback through the UFX+ hardware interface/screen?

Re: UFX+ Loopback via hardware interface?

Do you use an iPad ? If so the app Totalmix FX is recommended to use.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Ty waedi!

I'm actually running it on a computer (Linux).

You're iPad statement gave me an idea though - use an iPad to set up the settings (loopback etc), save it locally and then plug the UFX back into my main PC.

However, my iPad seems more up-to-date than the ones listed in the user manual...
the user manual keeps saying that you need a lightning to usb camera connection kit, but my iPad uses USB C.
I've tried running a USB type B cable from the USB port of the UFX+ to the iPad (USB C on the other end), but it can't find my iPad...
I'll need to figure out how to connect a USB C iPad in order to test my theory.

If anyone knows how to connect a USB type C iPad to a CC mode UFX+, let me know. I'm using TotalMix FX (not TotalMix Remote).

The USB-C iPad connection works perfectly unless you fogot to set the UFX+ to Class Compliant mode.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ty MC!

Took some experimenting, but I think I got every working smile

I kept plugging and unplugging my iPad to no avail. Turns out the key ingredient was: plug in the iPad BEFORE plugging into the UFX+.
Originally, I plugged the USB type B cable into the UFX+ first, then came out from behind my rack and plugged in the iPad. This always failed.
However, if I plug the iPad in first, then reach around and plug in the UFX+ (while TotalMix is running on iPad), it connects and I'm off the the races. A bit strange but not a huge deal.

For reference, I'm using a 3rd Generation iPad Pro w/ OS 15.7 (TotalMix 1.73)

Anyway, once I got that connected successfully, I enabled loopback on Main (AN 1/2) and then plugged the UFX+ into my linux machine. The settings persisted and I now have loopback set up. Hooray!

Regarding workflow, it seems a bit tedious to reach around the backside of my rack every time I need to change a setting like loopback in CC mode. I think what I'll do is save setups for a few different states on the device to cover my general uses, then swap directly on the UFX's screen when needed. Avoiding the iPad unless absolutely necessary.

If there's a better workflow for CC mode I'm missing let me know. (Not sure if TotalMix remote server is a compliant function of CC mode? I feel like needs a driver...I'll check the manual).

Regardless, I'm stoked that I now have a Linux setup w/ Reaper and UFX+. Doing some initial testing and it's buttery smooth.