Main are Magnepan1,7
2 Subwoowe BK Elec P12-300
I have a bad resonance at 80 and 50hz in my room, i want to eliminate it using dirac via the two subs. So my intentions are to cut the main at 90 or 100hz and send all the deep bass to the sub managed via Dirac.
ADI-2 and the sub/main setting can solve that too:
• Let the Maggies run full range.
If you don‘t need very high level they like that. Their bass is much faster / better quality than any available sub‘s.
Their dipole-characteristics even excites less room modes than a omnidirectional sub does.
• X-over the sub with it‘s own controls at ca. 80 Hz.
• Fine-tune the sub‘s X-over frequency, phase and level until the 80 Hz resonance disappeared in the area around your typical listening position.
If possible, variations of the sub’s position in the room have a huge influence on room modes’ exiting.
(Slowly circulate the measurement mic to average the relevant listening area).
Using an acoustic optimization is superior over creating an acoustic problem, then try to eliminate it by filtering.
• Use ADI-2‘s parametric EQ’s Peak Filter to notch out the 50 Hz room mode.
• Use ADI-2‘s parametric EQ Bass Shelf Filter to adjust the final amout of bass.
What measurement software do you use?