Topic: settings panel doesn't show up on screen

I have two 9632HDSPeAIOcards (one Pro) installed and all of a sudden I cannot acces the control panel on screen. Clicking the taskbar icon will give the option: settings or exit. By clicking settings (or dubble clicking the icon) the control panel doesn't show on screen so I cannot acces the cards.
The taskmanager shows the program is running.
I have reinstalled the drivers but to no avail.
Problem solving through windows gives: "incompatible program"
What is to be done?

Re: settings panel doesn't show up on screen

Are the cards still listed in the Device Manager?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

@MC
Yes, both cards are listed and both cards show up in Totalmix and in Digicheck. It looks to me like the program is working except for the control panel to appear on screen.
The program is stored in Windows/Program Files/ RME. Clicking the icon (hdspe.exe ) results in the appearance of the program icon on the right side of the screen but nothing else.

The Settings dialog is in Windows\System32. And it is called hdspe32.exe.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Sorry, I've been inaccurate
clicking the icon in windows/system32 results in just showing the icon at the right side of the screen.
But it is called hdsp32.exe and not hdspe32.exe.

this is how it appears in my windws/system32:
hdsp32.exe    25-6-2019  670kB

Maybe an anit-virus software running wild?

You seem to use driver version 4.29. A simple try on fixing this is a driver reinstallation, and for that you could straight use the latest one, 4.39:

https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/driv … in_439.zip

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

7 (edited by ericw 2023-01-02 16:29:59)

I have installed 439 driver (several times); I have disabled anti-virus software; no results so I am getting pretty desperate

In digicheck both cards are showing up but I can use only those functions that are accesible when checking 'hardware level'; when Asio checked, nothing shows up. There is a signal at the analog inputs (XLR) but nothing shows up in Totalyser.
In JRiver I used to choose ASIO Hammerfall DSP(ASIO) but this doesn't work anymore. Checking "open Driver Panel' in JRiver-device settings does nothing; this used to work fine.

I have installed:
9632HDSPeAIO Pro withh XLR breakout cable
9632 HDSPeAIO with both I/O boards
The Wordclock
RME ARC
Totalmix
Digicheck

Could there be an overload? (Everything worked fine until a few days ago)/Windows 10

Hi there,
I seem to have a similar problem.
My rme hdsp9632 with latest drivers was perfectly fine until yesterday.
Today both icons (totalmix and hammerfall dsp) display the same behaviour reported by the user above.
However my card isn´t showing in device manager.
I´m suspecting something related with windows 11.
HELP

If the card is not in device manager then this is not Windows, it's hardware or BIOS. Remove the 9632 from the PCI slot, clean its glden PCI contacts with a rubber eraser, put it back in. If that doesn not help the card might have just died. Only way to verify that is use it in a different computer.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

If the card is not in device manager then this is not Windows, it's hardware or BIOS. Remove the 9632 from the PCI slot, clean its glden PCI contacts with a rubber eraser, put it back in. If that doesn not help the card might have just died. Only way to verify that is use it in a different computer.

Thank you for your fast responde. I appreciate it wink

I´ve uninstalled the drivers and removed the card from the PCI slot and reinserted it.
Then installed an earlier version of the drivers and it now works again.
Haven´t installed the most recent driver yet.

What to do in case the card dies? Is it repairable? How to troubleshoot that? Just insert in another computer to see if it is detectable?

Thank you again MC.

I've tried everything I could think of(uninstalling, removing card, older driver etc) but to no avail. All my RME-cards have become useless. I'm changing to Antelope Zodiac platinum and dump the RME-gear on ebay. A big loss and a big disapointment.
I guess a windows update is to blame but nevertheless....