Topic: ADI-2 Pro FS with external DSP by SPDIF in/out

Hi
This is one of the best sounding device whu i tested in my life.
Very very merciless sound!
What is inside of recording, that is listen!

Question is about EQ for room correction.

Onboard EQ is very good, but 5 band is not enought for serious room correction.

There have 2 wariant.
1. In future firmwares, move all dsp power to one channel, to have more band EQ for only one out. No EQ on input or second out.
2. use external DSP.

Question is for external dsp.
I not find way, to route signal like this:
Computer->usb->spdif out
spdif in->DAC 1/2->Analog out1/2

Idea is to connect external dsp trought digital in/out, and use analog out 1/2.

Is this possible?

I do this with out 3/4, but this is only for headphones. I need balanced analog out like 1/2.

Thanks!

Owner of Juzisound Ltd
www.juzisound.com

Re: ADI-2 Pro FS with external DSP by SPDIF in/out

See manual: Basic Mode DAC in Multi-channel mode, AD/DA Source of Line Output 1/2 set to SPDIF.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

My be i don`t understand good, but in DAC mode, selection of Line Output 1/2 select master clock too.
If Line Output 1/2 is set to SPDIF, ADI-2 will work with external clock from SPDIF, and external DSP need to work like master clock.
This setup will lost FS clock ?

My external DSP currently don`t work like master clock, when DSP input is set to SPDIF, and not possible to test, because card and external DSP lost clock. (no master clock in chain)
Result is infinity switching of ADI between internal and external clock... and then USB audio not work too...

I use now for external DSP Behringer DEQ 2496 for tests, but final idea is to use custom board with SHARC or TI KEYSTON II DSP with hardware acceleration and big count of biquad filters.

Owner of Juzisound Ltd
www.juzisound.com

juzisound_ltd wrote:

My be i don`t understand good, but in DAC mode, selection of Line Output 1/2 select master clock too.
If Line Output 1/2 is set to SPDIF, ADI-2 will work with external clock from SPDIF, and external DSP need to work like master clock.

Correct.

juzisound_ltd wrote:

This setup will lost FS clock ?

Not really. SteadyClock is always active.

juzisound_ltd wrote:

My external DSP currently don`t work like master clock, when DSP input is set to SPDIF, and not possible to test, because card and external DSP lost clock. (no master clock in chain)
Result is infinity switching of ADI between internal and external clock... and then USB audio not work too...

That is indeed expected then.

juzisound_ltd wrote:

I do this with out 3/4, but this is only for headphones

No, this is a fully valid (even better than that) line output. If you're into soldering you could even turn this into a fully impedance-balanced stereo output by adding two resistors per channel, put into a simple adapter cable TRS to 2 times XLR. I think KaiS posted a schematic of that already....

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME