Topic: ADI 2/4 Harmony

I wondered if the ADI 2/4 will be added to the Logitech Harmony database? Thanks

Re: ADI 2/4 Harmony

Already there AFAIK. From the manual p. 21:

9.2 Other Remote Controls
The ADI-2/4 Pro SE can also be remotely controlled using third-party remote controls and custom
IR transmitters. The well-known manufacturer Logitech has added the ADI-2/4 Pro SE to its remote control database. Others can use the codes documented here:
http://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/adi24 … mmands.zip
Available are the original keys of the MRC and 52 Remap commands with direct access (without
remapping)

https://musicwall.app/hermetech

Thanks. I can only see the DAC and Pro FS R in the list on the Harmony app. I guess I could check if the IR codes are the same for the SE and Pro FS R.

Unfortunately after the beta test of Logitech IR implementation Logitech went silent. They don't react anymore. I have no clue why. We all know that they stopped making remotes, so maybe they now also stopped to add new devices to their data base - don't know!

The remote commands are a bit different, of course, they are available via the link in the manual. The Logitechs can also learn the new commands, but that's a bit cumbersome.

If Logitech continues to not respond we could add an option to the menu so that the 2/4 Pro uses the commands of the 2 Pro. That is not an ideal solution for customers who have both, but that may be a rare case anyway.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

For me, the option to use the FS R codes would be ideal, I rely on my Harmony to integrate control of my devices.

However, as my 2/4 is turning up today I think I will have to program it myself.

6 (edited by badboygolf16v 2022-12-20 17:08:11)

OK, so I received my ADI-2/4 Pro SE today.

I tried to add the ADI-2/4 manually using my Harmony Hub, but this didn't work. I had to install the Windows software (Mac is also available) and connect my remote control my PC via USB, then it was possible to create the device manually and I now have it added as a device. I haven't updated my activities yet as it's too late in the evening so that will have to wait. The manually added Harmony device seems to control the ADI-2/4 fine as far as I can tell.

Now I would rather have the device in the database, and as RME have done the work for this, I contacted Logitech Harmony support via telephone. They assured me that the device can still be added to their database and all I needed to do was supply them with the Pronto Hex Code for the ADI-2/4 in Excel or PDF format and they would arrange for it to be added. I have a ticket raised to do this.

@MC is this something you can supply and I will send to Logitech?

Mail sent.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Updated all my Harmony activities today, swapped the ADI-2/4 for the ADI-2 Pro FS R and all is working OK with my manually configured device.

Thanks to badboygolf16v the Logitech database now includes the ADI-2/4 Pro SE. Note that currently 3 commands from our original remote are missing (B/T, EQ, LD on/off), plus Power on/off. The rest is already there and works. I hope the missing ones can still be added.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME