Topic: ADI-2 DAC Crossfeed ON External Headphone Amp

Hi there!

Am I correct in assuming the headphone crossfeed feature only works when using the headphone amp of the ADI-2 DAC, or can I apply crossfeed when using the balanced outs to an external headphone amp?

2 (edited by ramses 2023-01-07 22:55:19)

Re: ADI-2 DAC Crossfeed ON External Headphone Amp

The ADI-2 DAC FS is already an excellent headphone amp.
What headphones are you using? Did you try already the ADI-2 DAC FS with your headphones?

What other headphone amp do you want to connect after the ADI-2 DAC FS and what is your expectation?

I checked my ADI-2 Pro FS, you have cross-feed for all analog outputs, AN 1/2 and AN 3/4.
I am unsure whether this is also the case for the ADI-2 DAC.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Coincidentally, I was about to ask the same question. I want to use a Stax headphone via the xlr-Outputs.
Gruß
Uwe

4 (edited by KaiS 2023-01-08 00:20:37)

Noahdorseyw wrote:

Am I correct in assuming the headphone crossfeed feature only works when using the headphone amp of the ADI-2 DAC, or can I apply crossfeed when using the balanced outs to an external headphone amp?

UNeumann wrote:

Coincidentally, I was about to ask the same question. I want to use a Stax headphone via the xlr-Outputs.

Crossfade, like all DSP functions, is available the same way on every output, Headphones, IEM, Line.

Needs to be activated / set for each output separately, and can have individual settings for each.

Read manual page 40 (19.6 Using more than one Output) if you don’t use the automatic or manual output toggle, and manual page 27 (”Mute Line”).