Topic: Connect two pairs of Monitors to ADI-2 Pro FS R

I'm considering to buy ADI-2 Pro FS R Black Edition. I have two pairs of monitors: Neumann KH-120 and Genelec 8010A.

Can both monitors be connected to this device and how do I activate one or the other? Only need one pair active at a time.

2 (edited by ramses 2023-01-15 19:30:58)

Re: Connect two pairs of Monitors to ADI-2 Pro FS R

Either, you connect the two active monitors to a monitor controller.

Or better get an RME recording interface additionally and connect ADI-2 Pro behind it via ADAT or SPDIF.
By this, you get better routing capabilities anyway.
Then connect your Main Speaker to the ADI-2 Pro and the 2nd pair of speakers to the recording interface.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I have an Apollo x8 and a Babyface Pro FS.

My plan was to use ADAT and connect the ADI-2 Pro to my Apollo x8. I can of course keep one pair connected to my Apollo, but I was hoping to A/B test between the monitors using the ADI-2.

Except for an amazing headphone amp, is it worth adding the ADI-2 Pro to my system?

In my current setup I have both monitors connected to my Apollo and it's easy to switch between them in UA Console.

4 (edited by KaiS 2023-01-16 11:33:44)

oranheim wrote:

... I was hoping to A/B test between the monitors using the ADI-2.

Can be done.
ADI-2 Pro has 2 independent output channels, 1/2 and 3/4.

3/4 is on 1/4’ TRS, you need fitting cables.

A/B switching can be done with the remote, assigning two Setups to buttons.

5 (edited by MstrC-117 2023-01-16 21:45:02)

oranheim wrote:

I'm considering to buy ADI-2 Pro FS R Black Edition. I have two pairs of monitors: Neumann KH-120 and Genelec 8010A.

Can both monitors be connected to this device and how do I activate one or the other? Only need one pair active at a time.

Yes, they can.

Least complex way is to toggle between 1/2 and 3/4 -outputs, with MUTE and VOL -remote controller buttons.