Topic: Struggle during playback in logic pro x (+ babyface pro fs)

I have a problem in logic pro x while babyface is connected at the same time. When I press "play" to listen to the project, the audio is not fluent and starts to struggle/freeze.  The moment I disconnect the babyface, the problem disappears.
Here is a video uploaded to youtube that shows my problem  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIoVs4O_y_A

Re: Struggle during playback in logic pro x (+ babyface pro fs)

Hi

What buffer size do you have set in Logic for the Babyface?
What is the activity window on top right showing?
I think at the end of the video the Logic app icon is jumping up and down in the dock. Is there an alert window appearing? If so, what does it tell?

And: it would be better to post this under „FireWire and USB series“ in this forum.

FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

I can’t believe I found someone else with this issue. I have the exact same problem. Same result with audio. Sadly, I’ve been dealing with this for over a year with Apple support. I’ve sent them countless screenshots and recordings of the problem, with no solution to date. I use my BFP with Studio One on my M1 without any issues, but the moment I open Logic, the audio just stumbles and stutters away.

Its not the buffer, or any other setting, as far as Apple support can tell. I’ve been on the phone with them, had them tied into my system, and they can’t figure it out either. Support claims engineering is working on it, but the last tech told me to buy another interface and appears to have bailed. Not returning my emails as of today. Gonna have to make another call tomorrow.

I’m not letting these guys off the hook. I’ve got a state of the art interface, running on a state of the art MacBook Pro M1, running state of the art software, and it flat out doesn’t work. Unacceptable.

the same on mbp m1 and logic x

gonziak wrote:

the same on mbp m1 and logic x

Can you please tell us something more about your system and setup?
- what RME device
- what exact driver version
- firmware version
- macOS version
- Logic pro version
- do you have other equipment connected to the Mac, for example midi devices?

FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2