Topic: Fireface 800 Word clocked indicate 2 clocks

Hello !

Not a big deal, but i just want to be shure :
I've got a madi hdspe as a sound card. And an old Fireface 800 just for preamps and converter. I plug it to to the computer only to have remote of gain.

Everything have a word clock for synch.
When i switch from 48k to 44k1 (on the word clock master) for example, the hdspe automaticaly change everithing in the good state, but the Fireface stay in 48, get "sample rate" in red state, and told me at the right side that current state is 44k.
If i want to change the red state to normal, i had to manualy change the value (even if i'm clocked with word clock.)

Here is a capture:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ovsdaefwlw9he … k.png?dl=0

1/ Does it impact anything in the clocking process ? Or it's just a small bug non afecting the audio ?

2/ Does it exist a way to get this change automaticaly (As usual when set on external word clock, with the external word clock ?)

All the other aspects worked as a charm. Thanks for your powerfull products as always !

Re: Fireface 800 Word clocked indicate 2 clocks

acoufhaine wrote:

When i switch from 48k to 44k1 (on the word clock master) for example, the hdspe automaticaly change everithing in the good state, but the Fireface stay in 48, get "sample rate" in red state, and told me at the right side that current state is 44k.
If i want to change the red state to normal, i had to manualy change the value (even if i'm clocked with word clock.)

Changing the word clock you also need to set the DAW, manually, to that new sample rate. There is no need to do this additionally in the Settings dialog of the interface.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME