1 (edited by shaneofnine 2023-02-28 22:27:49)

Topic: ADI2DACFS No longer recognized by Windows 11 (Resolved)

I wasn't sure if I was using the latest driver so I uninstalled it, rebooted, and reinstalled the latest driver I got from the RME website. Now Windows doesn't recognize the device at all. The MADIFACE app loads, but never displays on the screen.

I've done a factory reset on the ADI2, I've used different USB cables, and different USB ports. I've rebooted many times.

The weird part is that I can take it to another Windows 11 PC and it works there.

No idea what that means.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT #1: I also used the fut.exe tool to update everything. That didn't help.

EDIT #2: My PC uses ASMEDIA USB drivers. I wasn't having any other problems, but I reinstalled the ASMEDIA drivers and after a reboot, the RME ADI-2 showed up in Windows, no problem. Oh happy day! Anyway, I guess, never mind. I'm leaving this here in case it helps someone else.

Re: ADI2DACFS No longer recognized by Windows 11 (Resolved)

I'm not sure if I'm having the identical problem, but something similar. The MADIFACE app loads for a moment then disappears, and it doesn't show up on my applications. I've tried both USB ports on my PC, uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, no success.

Surface PC, Node streamer, RME ADI 2 FS, Megatron tube amp, Stax x9000s, basic cables

If you have to install drivers indicates, that this is a USB3 port.

The UFX+ manual tells in chapter 40.3 about compatibility:
"ASMedia - not compatible. Newer versions and hubs are partly compatible"

Ok, this is for USB3 and USB2 should work and uses different pins, but maybe something is broken in your chip/driver combination.

Alternatives to driver updates:
- use USB ports coming from the chipset of the mainboard (Intel/AMD), see mainboard manual
- or simply try all other USB2 and USB3 ports until you find one that fits and works

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Yes I found that uninstalling old drivers for other sound devices helped solve problems on Windows 10.

Now I use a different USB interface so I don't have to deal with the RME drivers although they are still installed for firmware updates (will there be another one for the ADI-2 DAC FS,@MC?)