Topic: HDSP PCMCIA in PCIe-CardBus Adapter to Digiface 1 (Totally new to RME)

Hello,

I’m totally new to RME and I have several questions. So I’m really glad to find this forum here.
But first I will explain what kind of vintage interface I have:

I got a Hammerfall DSP PCMCIA Card (22277556) which is put in a PCIe CardBus Adaptercard. It is connected via a special cable to the Host-Port of a Hammerfall DSP Digiface.

1. will it run under windows 10 (64bit) ?
2. will it run under windows 11 (64bit) ?
3. will it run under macOS 10.14. Mojave?
4. will it run under macOS 12 Monterey or 13 Ventura?
5. will it run under macOS only with Intel CPUs or Apple Silicon M1 / M2 etc. as well?
6. will it run under macOS in a Thunderbolt 3 to PCIe case (i.e. sonnettech etc.) ?
7. will it run under macOS or windows in a nvme/pcie adapter like this or this? (I know that it physically won’t fit, but I will build my own solution…)
8. the PCIe CardBus Adaptercard has an additional 4pin power socket, do I need additional / external power in any case?

I know it’s a lot…but you can shortly answer using those numbers…please…
Thank you very much!

Re: HDSP PCMCIA in PCIe-CardBus Adapter to Digiface 1 (Totally new to RME)

Windows driver supports XP SP3 up to Windows 11, 32 bit or 64 bit.

For Mac, none of these recent OS versions can support the old PCMCIA card. 10.5 was the last Mac OS version where the RME PCI cards can be used.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff wrote:

For Mac, none of these recent OS versions can support the old PCMCIA card. 10.5 was the last Mac OS version where the RME PCI cards can be used.

Thanks Jeff for your answer, even if it doesn't make me happy...

Jeff wrote:

I have 2 PCMCIA or CardBus, one working on a PowerBook G4 and the other on a Pentium 4 portable. Both rev 1 with the plain original cable from Hammerfall DSP not e

I have also a ExpressCard with firewire connector that seems to be supported on modern hardware. Had happily used on my Mac Pro 2.1 but the PCIe to ExpressCard adapter went south. ExpressCard Still works on a HP i5 laptop.

I also have a PCI not e working flawless on a i5 2500K on windows 10 64 bits with TotalMix 1.79 .

Just wondering if the cardbus card is still supported thru  some adapters like this https://www.conceptronic.net/conceptron … rd-1100127 on Windows 64 bits or if those  adapter tied it to 32 bits systems. All sellers of PCMCIA HDSP suggest that. But this user has other adapter. NOT MINE. https://es.wallapop.com/item/scheda-aud … -937906454

I also wonder if the PCI card not e can work with adapters like this https://www.amazon.es/dp/B0B5TFZ947/ on Intel Mac Pros like.

Hammerfall DSP Multiface I  + Digiface

The adapter should work fine in principle, and the PCI card can be used with the other adapter as well, but you may need to shorten the slot board.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME